Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 65429
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Sr. HR Business Partner role functions as a strategic liaison between the business and Human Resources. As a trusted partner, plan, coordinate, and implement HR activities for assigned client areas to align with the organizational strategy and goals. Responsible for providing advice, coaching, counsel and problem solving to managers and employees. Provide the focal point to deliver human resources solutions in partnership with HR specialty areas. Build and maintain effective working relationships across the client groups as well as within the HR team.
1. Developing effective working relationships. Provide expert advice and coaching to leaders and employees as appropriate. Equip people managers with tools and knowledge to effectively manage their teams in alignment with organizational plans.
2. Design, research, develop and implement HR initiatives to support people strategies, using expert knowledge of the client area. Contribute to the delivery of business area Key Performance Indicators.
3. Identify individual and collective learning and development needs and provide to the HR specialty area for action. Proactively gain client feedback to support HR specialty areas to improve service levels and alert HR areas where an issue/project may impact other areas.
4. Identify gaps in existing HR policies and contribute to the development of new HR policies and procedures. Consult and deliver new/amended policies and procedures into the business area.
5. Work in partnership with the client area to manage employee relations issues. Build management responsibility and capability for managing ER issues and improve the effectiveness of employee consultations. Support business area with disciplinary/grievances and other employee issues where specific business area knowledge is essential.
6. Maintain a representative caseload involving a wide range of employee relations issues including complaints and issues leading to formal grievances. Develop appropriate employee relations plans and interventions. Effectively investigate claims/charges, review all pertinent facts and information without expanding the scope of the investigation unnecessarily, advise employees and managers on application of policies and procedures to effect a timely and satisfactory resolution. Conduct at least one follow up review in every case to determine if the implemented resolution was successful. Accurately document the relevant contacts and issues immediately. Analyze information about workforce trends and utilization, policy and procedure implementation, and compliance with all legal requirements including but not limited to EEO, ADA, FMLA, and FLSA
7. Provide both transformational advice and transactional support that delivers best practice HR solutions to support the business area in conjunction with specialty HR areas.
8. Drive all HR initiatives within client groups including performance appraisals, merit increase process, incentive process, restructures, learning & development programs, change management initiatives, succession planning, etc.
9. Embed a performance management culture within the business area as a means of driving business improvement by ensuring clear objectives, feedback and the improvement of customer service through behaviors. Provide training/coaching as needed.
● Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Four (4) years of Human Resources experience in a Business Partner role including Employee Relations experience in practical application of federal and state Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity laws. Experience developing proposed policies and procedures and their application and interpretation.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: HR Business Partners
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Health Care System, in a department that provides shared services to operations across UNC Health Care; except that, if you are currently a UNCHCS State employee already working in a designated shared services department, you may remain a UNCHCS State employee if selected for this job.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.