Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Job ID: 67792
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Serves as primary point of contact in resolving complex billing and payment issues. Researches, investigates and coordinates efforts with patients, third party payer organizations and internal staff to assure timely responses and action steps are taken in response to inquiries, questions or concerns.
1. Serves as primary point of contact in resolving complex billing and payment issues. Researches, investigates and coordinates efforts with patients, third party payer organizations and internal staff to assure timely responses and action steps are taken in response to inquiries, questions or concerns.
2. Works in collaboration with Revenue Cycle Manager to ensure standardization of practice, effective competencies, and team development for insurance verification, authorization, notification, denials, charging, and billing.
3. Responsible for the training and orientation plan for all new hires on the Revenue Cycle Team. Works with the department Manager to ensure training schedule is sufficient and coordinates 30, 60, 90 day meetings with new co-worker. Effectively uses EMR and other external systems to train new hires. Is versed in all aspects of revenue cycle to be an effective trainer.
4. Assists in the development and monitoring of revenue cycle policies and procedures. Responsible for educating revenue cycle co-workers on system updates or changes and continuing education as it relates to the various job functions.
5. Processes revenue cycle reports and/or work queues in a timely manner as evidenced by feedback provided by the RCM Manager.
6. Maintains open communication with Patient Accounting, providers, and clinic managers to ensure timely processing of pre-authorizations, charges, denial review, and billing functions.
7. Maintains various external website access for revenue cycle co-workers to adequately and timely perform job duties.
8. Assists Revenue Cycle manager in maintaining staff schedules, timekeeping, and adequate staffing.
9. Other duties as assigned by Manager.
● Bachelors degree in medical/business discipline
Professional Experience Requirements:
● a combination of education with 3+ years experience in coding, billing, authorization, or denial management in oncology. At least 1 year experience as a Supervisor, Coordinator, or Management role required. Must have experience in three or more of the following areas: claims processing, coding, billing, denial management, charge capture, and cash posting within a hospital system.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, federal, state and third party claims processing requirements and regulations and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. COMPUTER SKILLS: Ability to use hospital and medical claims processing software. Working knowledge of Word, Excel, Schedule Plus, and Microsoft Exchange. Proficient keyboarding skills. Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex Cancer New Access
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.