Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Job ID: 72065
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Manages support services in the Imaging Services Department. Collaborates with Imaging Services leaders, radiologists, staff, and customers to provide optimal support for assigned areas. Provide ongoing assessment of personnel, systems and equipment needs while responding to organizational demands
1. Adopt and assist in the CQI process within the department and section, as well as those that cross into other departments within the Health Care System.
2. Assist in the budget process including, but not limited to, capital equipment, minor equipment, estimated procedure volumes, and updating and creating new department procedure charges
3. Coordinate in-service and continuing education activities including planning, designing, preparing, instructing and collaborating to provide these activities. Maintain yearly HEOSH records for all technical employees. Consult and revise, in conjunction with other supervisors, orientation materials and process.
4. Ensure compliance with regulatory guidelines. Maintain equipment according to all regulatory and institutional directives. Develop and update department and section policies and procedures, review patient scheduling, participate in supervisor and staff meetings, maintain an open dialog with Radiologists and Department Administration.
5. Maintain clinical competency within his/her discipline.
6. Manage direct reports though regular staff meetings, yearly performance evaluations, counseling employees in issues related to professional growth and behavior. Manage employment activities within radiology for all technical positions. Manage personnel records manage schedules including work, call, vacation, and holiday, manage time and attendance. Set up and maintain all clinical contracts for radiology students, fellows, and interns in the department.
7. Manage the Radiology Information systems assigned, including analysis of system performance, instruction to users, maintenance of architecture and integrity of data, and integration as enterprise wide system. Advise radiology supervisors on technical issues/problems through counsel and facilitation.
● Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, Health Administration or related field or equivalency.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If Associate's degree, requires five (5) years of experience in a hospital setting, including three (3) years of supervisory experience in a hospital setting.
● If Bachelor's degree, two (2) years of supervisory experience in a hospital setting.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Computer competency required
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Radiology Administration
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.