Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Job ID: 72120
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Per Diem
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
UNC Hospitals Department of Audiology is seeking a Per Diem Clinical Audiologist to provide coverage at multiple clinic sites when clinical staff are out on PTO or leave.
Chapel Hill, NC:
· UNC Children’s Hospital
· UNC Hospitals Audiology at Meadowmont
· UNC Hearing & Voice Center at Carolina Crossing
· UNC Hospitals Audiology at Lake Boone Trail
We are looking for a highly motivated, experienced audiologist to provide audiology services to pediatric and adult patients in an inpatient and outpatient setting. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
· Administer basic and complex diagnostic evaluations to assess auditory, vestibular, and related conditions in patients of all ages
· Analyze and interpret results of diagnostic testing to establish patient goals and manage subsequent treatment programs
· Behavioral and electrophysiologic assessment of infants and young children
o Newborn Hearing Screenings (NICU & OP setting), ABRs under natural sleep as well as under sedation (in conjunction with MRI, Procedure or Surgery)
· Hearing aid fitting and verification using real ear measures
· Counsel and communicate with patients and families regarding hearing loss and its implications, and establishing goals and treatment programs
· This position does not include working with or programming of cochlear implants.
Clear communication with multiple providers to maximize patient outcomes is critical. Experience in the assessment and audiologic management of infants and young children with hearing loss is required. Must be comfortable with clinical teaching and student supervision associated with employment in a leading academic medical center. The ideal candidate will have at least one year of experience working in an academic medical center or children’s hospital in collaboration with otolaryngologists and related professionals. Must have a doctoral degree in Audiology (AuD). Requires current NC Audiology license or eligibility for license. Hours and schedule may vary depending on clinic needs. Estimate work hours to range 8-24 hours/week.
1. Contribute to quality of clinical services, including maintenance of valid and reliable records of patient procedures and progress, promotion of quality assurance initiatives, studies and surveys in specialty areas, conference with physicians regarding evaluation, treatment, and progress of patients, and provision of intramural and extramural in-services in areas of expertise.
2. Develop new clinical programs within Audiology to meet emerging needs by surveying and evaluating market trends, assembling technical hardware/software components, and developing programmatic infrastructure through accepted channels. Promote new program through professional public speaking and regional publicity.
3. Provide basic and complex diagnostic tests of conductive, sensori-neural, mixed and central auditory impairments using audiometry, impedance, otoscopy, emissions, and ABR. Performs ABR and cochlear implant-related electrophysiological testing in OR environment.
4. Provide hearing screening and full diagnostic hearing procedures for neonatal population
5. Provide programming of cochlear implant speech processors and provide auditory rehabilitation services to cochlear implant patients.
6. Serve as consultant to NC government departments and statewide health professionals in specialty area.
7. Teach and supervise Audiology and Speech Pathology students, ENT residents and other students or staff. Provide intra/extramural in-services.
● Graduation from an accredited Audiology program.
● Licensed as an Audiologist by the North Carolina Board of Examiners for Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Doctorate degree in Audiology (Au.D.): No prior experience required.
● If a Bachelor's degree: at least two (2) years of experience as an Audiologist is required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: UNCH Audiology Lake Boone Trl
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 8.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
Flat Rate: $44.96 per hour
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.