Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Job ID: 75682
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Provides comprehensive psychology services to recipients, donors, and patient families of the Transplant team with duties to include pretransplant evaluations, outpatient and inpatient clinical consultation, patient and family counseling (e.g., understanding of illness and transplantation procedures, emotional adaptation to chronic illness, adjustment to procedures, adherence to medical regimen), and collaboration during team meetings, multi-disciplinary conferences, regarding listing decisions and patient management strategies.
1. Collaboration - Act as a team member with the medical staff, nursing, and other ancillary support services in the UNC Center for Transplant Care. Supervision of pre-doctoral interns, practicum students, and post-doctoral fellows. Participation in multidisciplinary selection conferences, support groups, and other departmental activities/meetings.
2. Continuous Quality Improvement - Participate in quality assurance, utilization review, and performance improvement programs.
3. Education - Provide professional guidance and input during the development of new policies, formulation of new protocols, procedures, and programs. Provide professional consultation and participation in all aspects of accreditation, licensure and certification requirements.
4. Patient Care - Provide psychological evaluations and follow up consultation for pre-transplant patients and their families as well as donors. Provide post-transplant and post-donation services as needed.
● Doctoral degree in Clinical Psychology.
● Currently licensed as a Psychologist and eligible to practice in the state of North Carolina or within three months of start date.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Transplant experience highly preferred but not required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Abdominal Pre-Transplant
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.