Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Job ID: 77509
Location: Rocky Mount, NC
Facility/Division: Nash UNC Health Care
Status: Full Time
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
position is responsible for the overall system-wide management responsibility
of the physician and professional coding and revenue integrity functions of a state-wide Academic Health Care
system with nearly 3000 billing faculty and community Providers. This includes
direct leadership of charge capture, coding, revenue integrity and system
support to ensure that all revenue is captured and recored timely. In addition, this position will include ,
program and budget planning, revenue generation, operational and financial
analysis, problem resolution, personnel management and performance improvement.
This position will work closely with physicians and other care
providers to ensure the services they are providing are recorded accurately and
collaborate with Information Services and other professional revenue cycle
leaders. A critical component of this job is physician and other
provider communication, education, collaboration, and problem resolution. The
position reports to the Health Care System Vice President of Professional Revenue
Operations and is part of a leadership team of a system-wide integrated overall
revenue cycle that includes hospitals revenue cycle, patient access,
pre-arrival services, and integrated patient call center.
1. Patient Financial Services - Responsible for directing all Professional Coding and Revenue Integrity services. Responsible for identifying trends and optimization opportunities that will enhance staff productivity. Establishes and monitors coding performance goals and metrics for the organization. Plans, directs and supervises coding staff to insure timely, accurate and complete processing of charges for professional clinical services. Functions as charge capture expert in Epic, understanding the clinical applications and the downstream impact to charges. Responsible for supporting value-based reimbursement through HCC coding or other mechanisms to enhance the information that will impact revenue/risk. Provides direction and leadership to subordinate staff. Works closely with the Director(s) of Revenue Cycle Billing and other leaders to minimize denials. Represents the Revenue Cycle Professional Billing System and participates in system wide initiatives to improve efficiency and reach institutional goals and objectives. May also be responsible for leading Charge Capture or Clinical Documentation Improvement. May also be responsible for planning, developing, and implementing new systematic approaches to optimizing charge capture while minimizing the impact on physician productivity Keeping abreast of, educating about and planning for ever-changing coding, billing policy, regulatory, and compliance policies of public and private payers is a key component of this role. Responsible for planning, developing, and implementing new systematic approaches to maximizing revenue.
2. Leading People - Leads people toward meeting the organization's vision, mission, and goals with patient health and service as paramount Provides an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts. Treats sensitive or confidential information appropriately. Works to improve and reinforce performance of others. Delegates assignments, clarifies expectations and holds others accountable for achieving results related to their area of responsibility. Encourages workforce engagement by building a commitment to excellence. Works collaboratively with other members of a large academic health care system toward solutions that accomplish organizational objectives.
3. Leading Change - Initiates and manages the change process for organizational improvement, taking steps to remove barriers or accelerate its pace. Communicates a compelling vision and need for change that generates excitement, enthusiasm, and commitment to the process. Clearly communicates the direction, required performance, and challenges of change to all involved parties. Identifies and enlists the support of key individuals and groups to move the change forward. Obtains and provides resources to implement change initiatives. Serves as a role model by demonstrating commitment to innovation and continuous improvement in organizational performance.
4. Results Driven - Exceeds departmental and organizational goals and customer expectations. Makes decisions that produce high-quality results by applying knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks. Delivers high-quality services and is committed to continuous improvement. Understands the overall financial performance of the organization and applies financial concepts and practices to establish and maintain realistic budgets. Uses financial information to monitor overall financial status of operations.
● Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Hospital Administration, or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
● Certified Professional Coder (CPC)
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Seven (7) years of experience in the healthcare industry performing duties related to professional patient account receivables management including planning, reporting and controls, compliance, regulatory agencies, and new system implementations, including five (5) years of supervisory experience in a patient financial services function.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Understands and appropriately applies principles, procedures, requirements, regulations, and policies related to specialized expertise.
● Must be proficient in Epic PB Resolute
Entity: Nash UNC Health Care
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 36.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job:
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Not Applicable
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.