Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Job ID: 77565
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Direct and manage project development from beginning to end and seeing that it is completed successfully within the given deadline and budget. Define project scope, goals, and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders. Develop full-scale project plans, financial plans, quality audit follow ups, and associated communications documents. In general this person is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of multiple, simultaneous projects ensuring consistency with UNCHCS strategy, commitments and goals. This position will be part of the research integration team working on the ONE UNC Clinical Research Strategic Initiative. The ONE UNC Clinical Research Initiative is a collaboration between UNC-CH and UNC Health to integrate research as a component of clinical care.
1. Develops project plans, goals, and budgets identifies resources needed, develops schedules and methods for measuring results while maintaining optimum working relationships with all departmental units.
2. Responsible for program and project assignments working independently or collaboratively as appropriate to accomplish the assigned work. Identify issues and assist in developing strategies to address them prior to issues becoming critical. Keep senior management informed of project(s) status and any potential problems or political concerns.
3. Organizes/manages all phases of the projects to achieve schedule, cost and performance objectives, while maintaining the scope of the projects..
4. Prepares requests for proposals and conducts all necessary meetings to facilitate selection of project services and products. Assembles project team members assigns individual responsibilities and monitors project performance.
5. Plans and oversees the preparation and dissemination of project communications. Communicates with top-level management, project sponsors, and functional area managers/directors regarding status of specific projects. Produces project reports for the project sponsors and senior management.
6. Performs strategic analysis for the projects and develops objective means or status reports for assessing the status of the projects that are consistent with standard skills of project managers.
7. Coordinates effort and manages relationships with vendors and contractors necessary for any projects.
● Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Health Administration or related field or equivalency.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If Master's degree, requires two (2) years of professional experience in project management related work.
● If a Bachelor's degree, requires five (5) years of professional experience in project management related work.
● If an Associate's degree, requires nine (9) years of professional experience in project management related work.
● If a high school diploma, requires thirteen (13) years of professional experience in project management related work.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Strong knowledge of project management techniques and tools required.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Research Compliance
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Rotating
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Health Care System, in a department that provides shared services to operations across UNC Health Care; except that, if you are currently a UNCHCS State employee already working in a designated shared services department, you may remain a UNCHCS State employee if selected for this job.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.