Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 74433
Location: Goldsboro, NC
Facility/Division: Wayne UNC Health Care
Status: Weekend Option with Benefits (Wayne/Lenoir only)
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Under the supervision of a registered nurse or provider, the Licensed Practical Nurse assumes responsibilities for direct nursing care of assigned patients. Assists in carrying out a therapeutic regimen for each patient and directs non-licensed nursing teammates in providing nursing care to meet the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of individual patients. Provides nursing services to patients and families in accordance with the scope of the LPN as defined by the North Carolina Board of Nursing.
*This position qualifies for a 10k commitment incentive*
Number of beds: 48 beds
• Patient population Day & Night shift: general medical unit
• Common diagnoses: Congestive heart failure, diabetes, dialysis, GI disease, heart disease…
• Nurse to patient ratio: 1 to 4-5 on days. 1 to 5-6 on nights. pending census and staffing
• Who will the candidate report to? :Supervisor, Director
• What opportunities for career progression and growth exist?: Clinical Ladder program
• What type of personality works well in this department?: Energetic, well organized, time mgt, hard working, attention to detail
• How long is orientation/training and what does it consist of?: One week of general orientation, completion of learning modules, adjustable 6 weeks orientation on individual unit pending experience.
1. Working under the supervision of a RN or provider, delivers direct safe and effective care for assigned patients.
2. Follows the plan of care or provider orders. Reports and records patient responses to care.
3. Assists providers and teammates in the performance of various diagnostic procedures and treatments.
4. Understands and complies with regulatory guidelines.
5. Collaborates and communicates effectively with providers, interdisciplinary teammates, patients and their families.
6. Assists and advises teammates when needed.
7. Monitors the activities of non-licensed teammates and delegates appropriately. Provides direction and guidance in the proper use, care and control of material resources.
8. Assists in the training of new teammates.
9. Completes continuing education, professional development and in-service programs to meet regulatory and job requirements. Keeps current on trends and developments in area of practice.
10. Responds appropriately in emergency situations.
11. Keeps leadership informed of any problems or concerns.
12. Participates in performance improvement activities, departmental committees and other operational projects as assigned.
13. Promotes a safe, clean environment.
14. Presents and promotes a professional demeanor at all times, establishes high standards of customer service, supports responsibility, pride, and teamwork, remains calm under pressure, and offers reasonable solutions for problems.
15. Demonstrates appropriate interaction with and provides recommended care and services to all patients.
16. Delivers age appropriate, culturally sensitive, and ethical care for patients.
17. Applies knowledge of principles of standard precautions. Routinely uses PPE to avoid risk of exposure to self and others.
18. Takes appropriate care of material resources and equipment.
Graduate of an accredited Practical Nurse program.
• Current LPN Licensure in North Carolina required.
• Competent in BLS and/or other specialized life support certifications as required by department.
• Additional certifications may be required by assigned department.
• At least one year of experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of care, treatment and procedures that apply to practical nursing.
• Ability to perform independently within scope of practice, and to work collaboratively.
• Good interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Good organizational, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills.
• Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English.
• Proficient with EMR/Epic, and able to learn new software rapidly.
• Ability to stand, walk and meet the physical requirements for the duration of shift.
Valid NC Driver’s License: No
If driving a Wayne UNC Vehicle, must be 21 years old and MVR must be approved by Risk Management.
Legal Employer: Wayne Health
Entity: Wayne UNC Health Care
Organization Unit: 6th Floor
Work Type: Weekend Option with Benefits (Wayne/Lenoir only)
Standard Hours Per Week: 36.00
Work Schedule: Weekend
Location of Job: WAYNE MED
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.