Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Job ID: 78326
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Per Diem
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Staffing Response Team (SRT) is the Centralized Staffing Pool at UNC REX and Holly Springs Hospitals. The casual SRT RN floats between units at both the Rex and Holly Spring campuses. Casual SRT RNs are compensated based on the number of clinical groupings and the number of shifts per week they commit to working.
The Clinical groupings include:
There are 3 casual level of which to choose:
Performs assessments, documents patient status, develops individualized plan of care, implements plan of care, evaluates status, and initiates patient education plans according to individualized needs of patient.
1. Maintains an environment of safety for patients, self and others and supports patient safety initiatives. Utilizes PPID correctly. Responds promptly to all alarms. Follows fall prevention and skin care protocols. Utilizes the Safe Patient Handling equipment appropriately.
2. Assessments are timely and a holistic approach is utilized. Recognizes subtle patient changes, informs physicians and utilizes appropriate resources. Assures that delegated tasks are completed.
3. Documents patient's assessment, care provided and response to care according to procedure. Assures that all tasks delegated to others are documented correctly. Provides reports in a thorough and concise manner and utilizes SBAR format. Assesses patient's condition, including: biophysical, psychosocial and age specific needs.
4. Develops an individualized plan of care utilizing the nursing and medical diagnosis. Collaborates with other health care team members in formulating plan of care. Initiates the plan of care upon admission. Orders appropriate tasks in RCARE. Initiates consults and serves as an advocate to meet the patient's needs.
5. Implements the nursing plan of care on assigned patients. Reviews all diagnostic data and responds appropriately. Maintains a calm manner and works effectively at all times. Implements nursing interventions to prevent complications.
6. Evaluates patient's status, nursing instructions, appropriateness of the nursing plan of care and outcomes of the care provided. Updates and resolves the plan of care as appropriate.
7. Clarifies medication orders, as needed, prior to the end of shift. Medications are administered using two identifiers: patient name and medical record number. High alert medications are verified by a second nurse prior to administration. Medications are explained to the patient (name, action, side effects) prior to administration.
8. Initiates a patient's education plan according to the individualized needs of the patient, as prescribed by the physician and/or hospital procedure; includes patient and family instruction, as well as, discharge planning. Documents instruction and education to patient and family.
9. Recognizes, supports and utilizes evidence based nursing practice. Is aware of and follows Rex policies, procedures and protocols. Attends and completes all mandatory education.
10. Adheres to the American Nurses Association Code of Ethics, as demonstrated by professionalism, commitment to the patient, and accountability and responsibility for individual nursing practice.
● Bachelor's degree (BSN) from an accredited School of Nursing preferred.
● Must have NC RN Licensure.
● BCLS;RN NC LIC
Professional Experience Requirements:
● A minimum of one year of current acute care hospital experience in the chosen clinical division desired.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret clinical information and technical procedures. Ability to document clinical information. Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions from patients, physicians, family members, and other Rex staff. Mathematical Skills: Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex Staffing Response Team
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 4.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.