Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 75723
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Faculty Physicians
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Provides financial and budgetary support for a clinical department. Responsibilities may include materials management, financial analysis, report management, and supervision of business office staff.
1. Designs, implements and maintains software systems in support of financial administration.
2. Ensures compliance with regulatory guidelines. Establishes and reviews policies and procedures.
3. Provides direction and oversight to Business Office staff. Ensures staff is appropriately trained and complies with relevant regulations, policies and procedures. Responsible for Human Resources function which include recruiting/hiring, conducting performance evaluations, training and development, and counseling/disciplinary action.
4. Responsible for compliance analysis. Maintains a comprehensive system of audit and internal controls concerning charge reconciliation, purchasing, and Charge Data Master maintenance.
5. Responsible for financial administration and budget facilitation for the clinical department. Creates and generates statistical or ad-hoc reports as appropriate. Financial planning, monitoring and oversight of all department expenditures and revenues. Budget development and consolidation, assists in problem solving, regulation interpretation and application. Designs and implements accounting processes, ensuring compliance with all organizational and departmental policies and procedures and providing analysis of income and expenditures. Identifies and implements opportunities for cost savings and revenue generation.
6. Responsible for materials management of all non-stock supplies in each department. This includes maintaining proper PAR levels, procurement, stocking, negotiating with vendors, and purchasing.
● Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Health Administration, Nursing or related field.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Five (5) years of experience in business, financial analysis or materials management
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Faculty Physicians
Organization Unit: Hemophilia Treatment Center
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.