Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 79439
Location: Hendersonville, NC
Facility/Division: Pardee UNC Health Care
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Medical Social Worker is responsible for performing a wide range of patient care activities for assigned patients. The Social Worker conducts patient assessments, contributes to the patient plan of care, and participates in discharge planning in collaboration with the care team. The Social Worker also provides patient, family, and caregiver education and support services as indicated. This position reports to the Clinical Manager of Home Health. Adheres to National Association of Social Workers’ Code of Ethics.
· Assesses the medical, cognitive, psychosocial, and financial status of patients and their families as indicated.
· Identifies problems and needs of the patient, their strengths and barriers for care, and their available resources for ongoing care needs.
· Develops a patient plan of care and discharge plan in collaboration with the interdisciplinary care team, patients, and their families.
· Provides patient, family, caregiver education and support.
· Coordinates referrals to community services and resources and provides linkage to enhance carryover of recommendations.
· Provides clinical documentation and communicates with the physician and the interdisciplinary care team as appropriate for information related to the plan of care.
· Develops and maintains good working relationships with community providers and social agencies and participates in community outreach and education efforts as appropriate.
· Prioritizes caseload according to need and available resources.
Master of Social Work preferred; Bachelors of Social Work accepted with consultation and supervision provided by an MSW.
· One (1) year experience in health care with home health preferred.
· Active driver’s license and access to transportation.
· Cultural competency and/or experience working with individuals with a wide range of backgrounds.
· Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
Legal Employer: Pardee - HCHC
Entity: Pardee UNC Health Care
Organization Unit: Acute Care Case Management
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Hendersonville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.