Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Job ID: 74550
Location: Hendersonville, NC
Facility/Division: Pardee UNC Health Care
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Behavioral Health Safety Technician observes patients in person and over surveillance equipment, documenting observations and escalating concerns as warranted.
• Conducts and records patient observations at specified intervals.
• Observes patients on surveillance equipment in an uninterrupted, continuous manner as assigned.
• Reports any and all safety security issues immediately upon observation.
• Communicates changes in patient behavior, interactions and physical condition to nursing staff. Ensures hand-off communication between staff regarding monitored patients and areas of concern.
• Assists with patients’ personal and room hygiene. Ensures patient rooms are orderly and clean. Cleans equipment and work areas as necessary.
• Promotes a safe, clean and secure hospital environment for all, including the application of standard precautions and principles of infection control.
Hired candidates will be expected to obtain and hold Basic Life Support (BLS) and Crisis Intervention certifications upon employment. Training will be provided.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Effective verbal and written communication.
• Interpersonal skills necessary for work in an inpatient psychiatric setting.
• 1-2 years of related experience in psychiatry or related human service field.
Legal Employer: Pardee - HCHC
Entity: Pardee UNC Health Care
Organization Unit: PATHS
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: PARDEEHOSP
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.