Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Job ID: 76903
Location: Hendersonville, NC
Facility/Division: Pardee UNC Health Care
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Using radiological (X-ray) imaging equipment and standards, the Registered Radiological Technologist prepares and performs procedures and tests used to acquire and analyze patient diagnostic data.
• Prepares and performs radiological (X-ray) imaging in a physician practice setting.
• Reads and comprehends imaging order, engaging with physician when order is unclear, complex or warrants deeper review. Selects appropriate scanning protocols and imaging parameters using knowledge of human anatomy.
• Interviews patients to understand risk factors that may warrant a more in-depth examination for safety.
• Uploads imaging results into Picture Archiving and Communication System (PACS). Records information into Electronic Medical Recordkeeping (EMR) system.
• Graduate of an accredited program in Radiological Science
• Registration as Radiological Technologist from American Registry Of Radiologic Technologists
• Good understanding of human anatomy - can be established through education or experience
• Experience reading and interpreting radiology orders
• Experience using point-of-care-testing platforms
• Experience working with a Picture Archiving and Communication System (PACS)
• Experience working in a clinical practice
• Current Medical Assistant certification
• Experience working with EPIC
Legal Employer: Pardee - HCHC
Entity: Pardee UNC Health Care
Organization Unit: Diagnostic Radiology
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: PARDEEHOSP
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.