Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Job ID: 77588
Location: Hendersonville, NC
Facility/Division: Pardee UNC Health Care
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The benefits specialist is responsible for assisting with the administration of all benefits and retirement programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and short- and long-term disability.
• Reviews and approves benefits enrollments.
• Assists with new-hire orientations and new hire onboarding as it relates to benefits.
• Processes life status changes. Processes life claims and assists beneficiaries.
• Performs quality checks of benefits-related data.
• Assists employees regarding benefits eligibility and claim issues.
• Responds to benefits inquiries from managers and employees on plan provisions, benefits enrollments, status changes, disability, and other general inquiries
• Responds to retirement plan inquiries from managers and employees relating to enrollments, plan changes and contribution amounts.
• Assists with the open enrollment process.
• Assists with administration of voluntary benefits.
• Associate’s degree in Human Resources or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Two (2) years of experience working in Human Resources and/or benefits administration.
• Strong verbal and written communication.
• Demonstrated understanding of and experience working with employee benefits and applicable laws.
• Proficiency with word processing and spreadsheet software such as Microsoft Office, including formulas and PivotTables.
• Experience with advanced spreadsheet or database organization and manipulation methods such as VLOOKUP, VBA macros, or SQL.
Legal Employer: Pardee - HCHC
Entity: Pardee UNC Health Care
Organization Unit: Human Resources
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: PARDEESUPP
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.