Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Job ID: 65321
Location: Hendersonville, NC
Facility/Division: Pardee UNC Health Care
Status: Per Diem
Shift: Night Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The EKG Tech operates machinery that will record heart rate, monitors the readings and ensures quality, accurate results.
• Performs EKG’s on in and outpatients, adults and pediatric patients as ordered by referring physician. Possesses good communication skills with the ability to clearly explain test procedures and answers all patient questions.
• Greets Cardio-vascular patients and answers the phone in the department as needed. Relays messages clearly and precisely to team members.
• Assists the nurses and technologist with patient preparation of exams in the cardiovascular department.
• Sets up Zoll Monitors and instructs patients how to care for the monitor and how to return the device.
• Assists in the distribution of test orders, reports and scans into EMR as needed.
• High school degree or equivalent
• American Heart Association EKG certification.
• Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
• Experience working in a hospital setting
Legal Employer: Pardee - HCHC
Entity: Pardee UNC Health Care
Organization Unit: Cardiology
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 20.00
Work Schedule: Night Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Hendersonville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.