Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Job ID: 77761
Location: Hendersonville, NC
Facility/Division: Pardee UNC Health Care
Status: Per Diem
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The UCC Paramedic is responsible for assisting provider(s) in administering quality patient care and services for patients at the clinic. Patiently and clearly explains practice policies and procedures. Addresses concerns expressed by patients and/or their representatives so that cooperation and understanding can be obtained. Interacts with the employees of the clients from our Business and Industry in a professional manner. Responsible for the successful daily operation of all clinical activities and coordination of health related services for client-employers. Participates in maintaining high quality patient care and represents the clinic in a professional manner to the community. May have routine interaction and working relationships with patients, family members, providers, third party payers, and other clinic and hospital employees. A high degree of accuracy is required in this position.
• Provides assistance to patients and their families during admission, transfers, and discharge of patients. Anticipates patient’s needs. Assists in maintaining the patient environment. Assists with transportation of patients to and from other units/areas outside of the Urgent Care Center. Respects and provides patient confidentiality. Assists other staff in completion of their duties. Seeks guidance as needed.
• Demonstrates active listening and provides emotional support to patients and families. Aids patients in reality orientation, provides informal support to patients/families, and provides assistance with potential aggressive patients. Ensure that emotional and safety needs of patients are met.
• Demonstrates proper performance of skills reflected and validated by the unit specific orientation/skills checklist. Uses standard precautions and principles of infection control. Works within scope of practice as defined by Pardee Hospital and North Carolina Office of Emergency Medical Services, demonstrating efficiency in the following: 12-Lead ECG Acquisition & Transmission, Cardiac Monitoring, Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation, Decontamination, Defibrillation (automated and manual), Nebulizer Inhalation Therapy, Orthostatic Blood Pressure Measurement, Oxygen Administration, Pulse Oximetry, Splinting, Stroke Screen, Temperature measurement, Venous Access (phlebotomy), Wound care.
• Performs clerical and receptionist duties according to unit policies and procedures. Assumes direct patient care responsibilities as assigned by a licensed nurse. Assist all healthcare providers with routine examinations and procedure as well as procurement of equipment and supplies during emergency situations. Demonstrates professionalism and flexibility necessary to function in the healthcare environment.
• Observes, collects, and documents patient information obtained while providing care and promptly report significant changes in the patient’s condition to a registered nurse.
• High school diploma or equivalent. Successful completion of a state approved Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) - Paramedic program
• State required certification for paramedic or National Registration at the paramedic level.
• Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
• Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification
• 3-6 months paramedic experience
Legal Employer: Pardee - UCC
Entity: Pardee UNC Health Care
Organization Unit: Four Seasons UCC
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 8.00
Work Schedule: Rotating
Location of Job: PARDEEUCC
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.