Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Job ID: 59984
Location: Hendersonville, NC
Facility/Division: Pardee UNC Health Care
Status: Per Diem
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Surgical Assistant performs intraoperative technical duties under the direction and supervision of a surgeon, delivering preoperative and postoperative services to facilitate proper patient care. The Surgical Assistant also provides aid in exposure, hemostasis, and closure, allowing the surgeon to carry out operations with optimal results.
• Administers surgical patient care under the direction of a physician.
• Performs intraoperative technical duties under the direction and supervision of a surgeon. Provides aid in exposure and hemostasis. Utilizes appropriate techniques to assist with closure of body planes as well as skin closure. Carries out positioning of the patient as directed by the surgeon.
• Stages and uses equipment, supplies and instrumentation in the surgical setting. Inspects all packaging for sterility. References preference cards to ensure proper supplies and instruments are available based on scheduled procedure.
• Identifies and pursues expected patient outcomes in collaboration with the interdisciplinary care team.
• Current Certified First Assistant (CSFA) with the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA)
• Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Provider certification required by first date of clinical care
• Two (2) years of perioperative experience working in an clinical role
• Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification
Legal Employer: Pardee - HCHC
Entity: Pardee UNC Health Care
Organization Unit: O R
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: PARDEEHOSP
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.