Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Job ID: 63684
Location: Hendersonville, NC
Facility/Division: Pardee UNC Health Care
Status: Part Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Customer Service Representative performs clinic clerical tasks, such as registering patients, communicating financial obligation, and collecting fees. Additional responsibilities include various clerical work and administrative/ business details such as scheduling appointments, giving information to callers, reading and routing incoming mail, filing correspondence and other records, and other assigned clerical duties.
• Obtains all critical demographic and financial information and accurately inputs data into Electronic Medical Recordkeeping (EMR) system and other applications as needed. Obtain and/or verify documentation as required including Consent for Treatment, Assignment of Benefits and Financial Responsibility, and Notice of Privacy Practices.
• Answers and relays incoming, outgoing, and inter-office calls. Delivers routine / scripted instructions in preparation for patient’s visit to the office.
• Provides general clerical support functions to ensure efficient utilization of time, in part by scheduling meetings, patients and appointments; maintaining calendars; coordinating with other clinical services.
• Collect and count cash receipts and daily deposits. Ensures balanced cash drawer daily.
• Maintains order and cleanliness throughout the clinic. Performs housekeeping duties of assigned area by routine and periodic cleaning.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Medical clerical experience in a hospital, physician practice, clinic, nursing home or insurance agency
Legal Employer: Pardee - HCHC
Entity: Pardee UNC Health Care
Organization Unit: Pardee Med BREVARD BMD
Work Type: Part Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 8.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: PARDEEHOSP
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.