Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Job ID: 78699
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Physicians Network
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This position is eligible for a $4,000 commitment incentive paid out over 2 years. ($1000 every 6 months)
UNC Health is also a qualifying organization for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program.
Responsible for patient outreach and care coordination in the ambulatory practice setting. Identifies barriers to care plan compliance and provides appropriate education and resources. Works collaboratively with the care team to achieve high quality, low cost outcomes for patient populations. Consistently achieves established productivity targets.
1. Provides care management services in the ambulatory practice setting. Works collaboratively with other care team members to develop and support the patient's care plan.
2. Utilizes motivational interviewing to identify barriers and facilitate care plan compliance. Serves as a patient advocate, supporting shared decision-making and the use of decision aids.
3. Educates patients and families on a variety of topics including how to access medical home services, establish self-management goals, and navigate the health care system.
4. Identifies, coordinates and helps to align patient care and community resources to facilitate patient care transitions and prevent hospital readmissions and Emergency Department visits.
5. Provides psychotherapy for mental, emotional, addictive, behavioral, or developmental disorders and conditions within the scope of practice for a LCSW.
6. Reviews and monitors patient outcomes, recommends changes in care plan and implements population management interventions.
7. Appropriately documents consults and interventions in the patient's electronic medical record.
8. Consistently achieves established productivity targets.
9. Appropriately documents consults and interventions in the patient's electronic medical record.
10. Actively participates in meetings, problem solving, goal setting, quality improvement and patient satisfaction initiatives.
11. Maintains compliance with organizational policies and procedures and evidenced based guidelines.
● Requires Master's in Social Work.
● LCSW required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Three (3) years of broad clinical experience in the acute care setting caring for patients with complex medical conditions required. Experience in case management, utilization review, quality management preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Excellent interpersonal skills and communication capabilities. Knowledge of care management and quality improvement principles. Possess appropriate analytical skills to independently problem solve and make decisions. Possess computer skills at a level sufficient to effectively and efficiently use computer applications common to a Patient Centered Medical Home practice.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC Physicians Network
Organization Unit: Pop Health-UNCPN Care Mgmt
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.