Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Job ID: 81156
Location: Hendersonville, NC
Facility/Division: Pardee UNC Health Care
Status: Per Diem
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Using cardiovascular imaging equipment and standards, the Non-Invasive Cardiovascular Technologist prepares and performs non-invasive diagnostic procedures and tests used to acquire and analyze patient diagnostic data. By interviewing and preparing patients with in-depth understanding of the equipment and procedures, this role ensures effective, safe use of this equipment and drives optimal care outcomes.
• Performs and reports results of non-invasive peripheral vascular diagnostic procedures and ambulatory monitoring.
• Ensures positive patient identification. Promotes a safe, clean and secure hospital environment for all, including the application of standard precautions and principles of infection control.
• Reads, comprehends and transcribes imaging order, engaging with vascular surgeon or radiologist when order is unclear, complex or warrants deeper review.
• Interviews patients to understand risk factors and prior medical history components that may warrant a more in-depth examination for safety.
• Selects appropriate scanning protocols and imaging parameters using extensive knowledge of human anatomy, pathology and the capabilities/limitations of both imaging hardware and specific imaging sequences.
• Measure, evaluate and record gradients using pressure measurements recorded with Doppler ultrasound system. Team members with additional training with echo sonography may also perform more advanced heart measures.
• Review and chart record of care into electronic medical records (EMR) systems.
• Registered as a Vascular Technologist (RVT or RVS) or a more advanced cardiovascular imaging registration (RDCS, or RDMS)
• Education, training and understanding of human anatomy
• BLS certification
• Experience using electronic medical records (EMR) tools
• Degree in Allied Health field
• Experience using Parks Flo-Lab equipment
• Experience with EPIC and CV-Synapse EMR tools
Legal Employer: Pardee - HCHC
Entity: Pardee UNC Health Care
Organization Unit: Cardiovascular Diagnostics
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 8.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Hendersonville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.