Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Job ID: 77720
Location: Siler City, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This Position is responsible for developing, implementing, and managing processes for Admitting, Registration, and Cashiering. The Position plays a key role in inter-departmental communication, especially with Ancillary Departmental Management, Transport Services, Bed Management and Nursing to insure patients are properly identified and are able to reach their final destination after the Registration/Admissions process is complete. Oversees and monitors UNCHCS business matters, patient satisfaction, patient service, and public image.
1. Corporate Citizenship Stay current on all required and assigned LMS courses. Actively participate and collaborate, representing Cashiering, Registration and Admitting, in departmental meetings and activities outside of the immediate work area when requested. Attend Department Heads and other required meetings.
2. Human Resources Select, train, evaluate, council and discipline Administrative Support Supervisors and subordinates. Perform position management to create and modify positions as needed. Serve as a resource to supervisors and staff to interpret rules and regulations. Monitor training and education needs of Administrative Support Supervisors and subordinates. Provide guidance to supervisors and staff in complex situations. Create and monitor work plans for Administrative Support Supervisors providing timely feedback. Create an environment conducive to staff retention. Conduct and document regular recurring staff meetings. Identify and implement strategies to improve staff satisfaction.
3. Operations/Financial Stewardship Identify budgetary needs during budgeting process. Monitors and analyze budgetary trends and make necessary adjustments to ensure budget projections are met.
4. Operations/General Develop, implement, and manage registration and admissions processes to include but not limited to registration, insurance verification, and cash collections. Develop, implement, and manage cashiering processes to include proper cash handling, credit card machine management, safe management, valuables management, and deposit processes. Be a subject matter expert in all IT systems used to support business processes. Establish, monitor, and report metrics to ensure improvement and quality of work. Create data-supported staffing models to accommodate evolving registration and admissions throughput. Maintain familiarity with applicable rules and regulations and ensure cashiering, registration and admitting are compliant with applicable rules and regulations. Recognize opportunities for productivity improvement and cost savings. Employ methods to promote patient satisfaction.
5. Operations/Strategic Planning Analyze planned and sentinel events to develop strategies to address conditions that will contribute and/or contributed to these situations. Provide Director with regular data-based progress reports identifying success and challenges. Provide Director with recommendations for improvements in efficiency and effectiveness. Effectively use desktop applications to prepare, track, and present data.
● Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, Health Administration or related field (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience).
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Bachelor's degree: Four (4) years work experience in a health care setting, including two (2) years of supervisory experience.
● If an Associate's degree: Seven (7) years work experience in a health care setting, including two (2) years of supervisory experience.
● If a High School diploma or GED: Eleven (11) years work experience in a health care setting, including two (2) years of supervisory experience.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Patient Access Chatham
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Siler City
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Health Care System, in a department that provides shared services to operations across UNC Health Care; except that, if you are currently a UNCHCS State employee already working in a designated shared services department, you may remain a UNCHCS State employee if selected for this job.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.