Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Job ID: 76259
Location: Holly Springs, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Rex Holly Springs Hospital
Status: Full Time
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
UNC Triangle East is seeking a Pharmacy Transition Specialist to join our clinical support team, to deliver optimal medication management across UNC Triangle East Region (Raleigh, Holly Springs, Smithfield, Clayton). Let UNC Triangle East be the destination for your professional growth, as you take advantage of the opportunities of telecommute, various shift availability, team member engagement and team work as you become a member of a team of pharmacy transition specialists.
This position qualifies for our Pharmacy Technician Incentive Program, which includes $1,500 in commitment incentives spread over a two-year period. Payment is made after six months, one year, and two years of employment. Learn more about the Pharmacy Technician Incentive Program here: https://jobs.unchealthcare.org/pages/pharmacy-technician-commitment-incentive-program
Summary: The Pharmacy Transition Specialist is an integral member of the Emergency Dept. team, responsible for working with patients to obtain and document the best possible medication history. The Pharmacy Transition Specialist's role is essential to assure high-quality and safe care by reducing medication duplications, omissions, and possible errors. Info obtained will be accurately entered into the system and will be used by the physician, pharmacist, nurse, and other providers as input into treatment plans and medication orders during hospitalization and in discharge planning for post-hospital transition and care.
1. Utilizes available resources for medication history collection
2. Performs medication reconciliation by interviewing patients, contacting pharmacies and physician offices to obtain an accurate medication history.
3. Documents interventions made to the medication history in the electronic medical record.
4. Participates in the training and development of pharmacy technicians and students.
5. Accurate work with careful attention to detail. Ability to adapt to changes in workload and schedule to meet patient needs. Ability to set priorities and solve problems
• Assembles and reviews medication history and document their findings
• Medication history information will be obtained from the patient directly or the patient's family, retail pharmacy or physician office
• This role is essential to assure high quality and safe care by reducing medication duplications, omissions and possible errors
• Good clinical judgment to determine accuracy of information obtained
• Working knowledge of common outpatient medication doses and dosage forms
● Completion of a nine-month Pharmacy Technician Program (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience).
● Registration with the NC Board of Pharmacy unless enrolled in a PharmD program.·CPhT from PTCB or ExCPT from NHA unless enrolled in a PharmD program.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If completion of a Pharmacy Technician Program: No prior experience required.
● If a High School diploma or GED: Two (2) years of experience as a Pharmacy Technician.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
This job profile is intended to provide a representation of responsibilities required. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this profile.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC Rex Holly Springs Hospital
Organization Unit: HS IP Pharmacy
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Rotating
Location of Job: US:NC:Holly Springs
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
Salary Range: $16.81 - $21.01 per hour (minimum to midpoint) Pay offers are determined by experience and internal equity.
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.