Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Job ID: 82744
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This position collects extensive data on all new cancer and/or bone marrow transplant patients seen at UNC Hospitals, as required by state law and according to regulations established by various state and national registries
This is a Full Time role.
Candidates must reside in one of the following states to be considered for these remote positions: North Carolina, Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Kentucky, Maryland, Michigan, Mississippi, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia or Wisconsin. Please attach CTR certification with application.
Incentive Offerings: Full time Commitment Incentive (effective to those with a start date of 5/30/2022 or after. End - TBD and re-evaluated by administration.)
$2,500 - Payment is spread over a two (2) year period. Equal installments of $625 will be made after each six (6) month period of work is completed, for up to two (2) years.
Incentives are applicable to full time Cancer Registrar positions within UNC Rex Healthcare. CTR license required.
1. For full time positions, must be employed and scheduled to work 40 hrs
2. Not currently employed, or employed within the previous twelve (12) months at any UNC Health system owned entity.
3. Employee must remain in good standing throughout their commitment period. If an employee receives a final written warning, the incentive will be discontinued.
4. Employee must be in active status at the time of installment payment; otherwise, the payment will be cancelled. Remaining installment payments may resume upon the employee's return to active status.
5. The work commitment is to the organization where initially hired.
1. Codes, summarizes, sequences, and stages extracted information according to extensive and complex rules. Performs necessary research, analysis, interpretation and decision-making to best abstract, stage or sequence information.
2. Composes explanatory comments to supplement codes. Conceptualizes the case as a whole and determines what types of supplementary information would augment the data provided by the codes.
3. Conducts quality control activities such as auditing records and conducting data review meetings. Participates with multidisciplinary teams in creating, organizing and providing documentation of established procedures necessary for accreditation.
4. Creates case abstracts for cancer patients, extracting data items from the various medical records
5. Follows-up on each case abstracted for the life of the patient. Ensures that follow-up information is collected for each case annually. Extracts the required information from in-house or external sources. May communicate through written correspondence or telephone to obtain needed data
6. Responds to requests for information. Creates queries to extrapolate data completes ad hoc and routinized reports of data
7. Serves as a liaison within industry and regional groups. Assists with collaborative studies.
● High School Diploma or equivalent.
● Certified Tumor Registrar (CTR)
Professional Experience Requirements:
● With an Associate's degree, requires six (6) months of cancer tumor registry experience.
● With a high school diploma, requires CTR and ten (10) years of tumor registry experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex Cancer Registry
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.