Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Job ID: 79611
Location: Smithfield, NC
Facility/Division: Johnston Health
Status: Part Time
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Assists the Lead Instructor in all aspects of providing a safe learning environment for children.
1. Maintains an environment of safety for patients, self and others.
2. Assists the Lead Instructor in the implementation of the weekly plan of activities.
3. Works with the Lead Instructor in maintaining a safe and healthy environment for children.
4. Assists the Lead Instructor in maintaining good communication with parents.
5. Obtains inservice and yearly training requirements.
6. Maintains a working knowledge of North Carolina Child Care rules and regulations.
7. Keeps Lead Instructor, Manager and Director informed of problems that arise in the classroom.
8. Assists in keeping the room well organized and arranged appropriately.
9. Cooperates with other staff at center to create a professional environment.
10. Assists in maintaining visual supervision of children.
11. Assists in maintaining records.
● High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
● NCECC (North Carolina Childcare Credential); NCEEC (North Carolina Early Educator Certificate);
Adult and Pediatric First Aid/CPR/AED with Anaphylaxis Epinephrine Auto-Injector (Must be
American Red Cross); SIDS; Playground; BSAC; Fire Safety. Required within 90 days of hire.
North Carolina CRIMBACKG (DHHS requirement) and Medical (prior to hire date);
Professional Experience Requirements:
● 6 months previous childcare experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Johnston Health
Organization Unit: Early Learning Center
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 20.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Smithfield
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
Salary Range: $15.64- $19.55 per hour (minimum to midpoint)
Pay offers are determined by experience and internal equity.
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.