Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Job ID: 75355
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
UNC Health is looking for a Sr. Cloud Solutions Architect to lead our cloud strategy and implementation using Microsoft Azure. You will be responsible for designing, deploying, and managing cloud solutions across public and hybrid environments. You will also research and advise on the latest cloud trends and best practices while collaborating with various stakeholders to ensure successful cloud adoption, security, governance, monitoring, and risk management.
This position is eligible to work remotely from the following states: Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Kentucky, Maryland, Michigan, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin.
Any of the following certifications: Azure certifications, Azure Solution Architect Expert
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or related field (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience).
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Bachelor's degree: Seven (7) years of relevant experience.
● If an Associate's degree: Eleven (11) years of relevant experience.
● If a High School diploma or GED: Fourteen (14) years of relevant experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
1. Working knowledge of containerization technologies (Docker, containers, Kubernetes, Helm)
2. Working knowledge of modern authentication protocols and technologies (Modern authentication SAML, OICD, Conditional Access, 2FA, OAUTH, Duo Security, Okta, AZURE AD)
3. Working knowledge of APIs, API Integration, and API Management (REST, SOAP)
4. Working knowledge of Layer 3 TCP/IP networking, layer 4-7 load balancing concepts, and global traffic management/GSLB.
5. Up to date knowledge of the Microsoft 365 and Azure service portfolio.
6. Strong knowledge of automation scripting languages (PowerShell, Go, Node.JS, Python)
7. Strong understanding of Infrastructure DevOps CI/CD concepts and tooling (Puppet, TerraForm, Chef, DSC, Ansible & JSON, GIT).
8. In depth knowledge of key on-premises infrastructure and virtualization technologies such as VMware vSphere/ESXi, Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops (XenDesktop), Infoblox, NetScaler/ADC.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: ISD Network Services
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Health Care System, in a department that provides shared services to operations across UNC Health Care; except that, if you are currently a UNCHCS State employee already working in a designated shared services department, you may remain a UNCHCS State employee if selected for this job.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.