Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Job ID: 83680
Location: Goldsboro, NC
Facility/Division: Wayne UNC Health Care
Status: Full Time
Shift: Night Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Respiratory Care Practitioner II delivers cardiopulmonary care as directed by the physician to outpatients of Wayne UNC Health Care in an effective and efficient manner.
1. Transports and sets up equipment and administers therapies as ordered by the physician, within 10 minutes on all STAT orders and performs scheduled treatments for routine orders in a timely manner.
2. Provides therapy per department standards.
3. Responds to all codes appropriately.
4. Responsible for setup, operation, and maintenance of mechanical ventilation for adults, pediatrics and neonates.
5. Assists with diagnostic studies per department standard.
6. Documents and records specific information on patient's medical record.
7. Reviews patient's record to ensure against contraindication and treatment prescribed and makes recommendation to physician as necessary. Reports any complications encountered when treating patients to supervisor in charge.
8. Restocks supplies on units and/or diagnostic rooms daily.
9. Cleans and prepares equipment for sterilization and reports damage or broken equipment. Checks dirty supply rooms daily.
10. Completes continuing education and in-service programs to meet regulatory and job requirements.
11. Actively participates in staff meetings and on committees as requested.
12. Participates in performance improvement activities.
13. Presents and promotes a professional demeanor at all times, establishes high standards of customer service, supports responsibility, pride, and teamwork, remains calm under pressure, and offers reasonable solutions for problems.
14. Demonstrates appropriate interaction with and provides recommended care and services to all patient. Exhibits knowledge and basic understanding regarding the needs of neonatal, adolescent, pediatric, adult and geriatric patients, and the cultural needs of all patients.
15. Applies knowledge of principles of standard precautions. Routinely uses PPE to avoid risk of exposure to self and others.
Graduate of a Respiratory Therapy program.
BLS certification required.
(Licensed as a Respiratory Care Practitioner by the North Carolina Respiratory Care Board and registry eligible by the National Board of Respiratory Care. Must be registered within one year of hire.)
1-2 years experience in Respiratory Therapy preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of procedures, therapies, materials and equipment used in respiratory care.
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English.
• Proficient with MS Office and EPIC, and able to learn new software rapidly.
• Ability to stand and work on hard floors for duration of shift.
Valid NC Driver’s License: No
If driving a Wayne UNC Vehicle, must be 21 years old and MVR must be approved by Risk Management.
Legal Employer: Wayne Health
Entity: Wayne UNC Health Care
Organization Unit: Resp. Therapy
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: WAYNE MED
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.