Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Job ID: 83736
Location: Siler City, NC
Facility/Division: Chatham Hospital
Status: Per Diem
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Plans, develops and delivers exercise program for both individuals and groups. Performs stress tests and other physical fitness tests to provide results and recommendations to care providers. Prepares exercise schedules and supervises exercise staff. Manages and makes recommendations for exercise equipment.
1. Develops Exercise Prescriptions Performs stress testing. Performs alternate functional assessments. Develops safe and effective exercise prescriptions. Meets with patients for initial assessment. Follows ACSM guidelines in designing exercise prescriptions. Coordinates appropriate GXT protocols. Obtains approval of prescription by Medical Director. Documents assessment findings and recommendations.
2. Maintains a Safe and Attractive Environment Monitors cardio equipment in clinical fitness area and Stress Test lab for performance, safety, and cleanliness. Advises Program Director regarding exercise equipment purchase and maintenance problems
3. Maintains Credentials Maintains certification in ACSM, BCLS/AED and ACLS. Participates in NCCRA meetings and other opportunities for continuing ed. Participates in monthly code practices.
4. Makes Assignments for Exercise Staff Prepares daily assignments to exercise staff. Prepares monthly work schedules for exercise staff and ensures appropriate staff to patient ratios. Supervises exercise staff. Keeps Program Director aware of problems with staffing or employees.
5. Monitors Patients During Exercise Assists patients and staff in implementing exercise prescriptions. Evaluates and modifies exercise prescriptions as needed. Recognizes potential medical problems and reports to MD or RN. Recognizes risky exercise situations and intervenes to ensure patent safety. Provides expertise to staff regarding exercise physiology and exercise psychology. Documents interventions with patients. Responds appropriately to medical emergencies. Monitors response to exercise such as rhythm strips, blood pressures, and O2 Sats. Reviews log sheets for compliance on a weekly basis.
6. Participates in Staff Meetings Regularly attends staff meetings. Presents patient exercise progress and evaluation results. Makes exercise related recommendations. Considers input from other staff members. Sends evaluation results and multidisciplinary recommendations to primary MD. Meets with assigned patients individually to review results and recommendations discussed at staff meetings. Attends Quarterly Wellness Staff Meetings. Participates in CQI.
7. Plans & Supervises Group Exercise for Rehab & Prevention Develops safe, age-appropriate, warm up and cool down routines. Re-evaluates and makes appropriate changes in group exercise routines. Considers group needs when planning activities and makes individual modifications if necessary. Shares exercise leadership duties with exercise staff.
8. Provides Patient Education Teaches Exercise for Life Class. Provides individual patient education on exercise topics as needed. Develops written exercise related materials. Maintains bulletin board in classroom.
● Bachelor’s degree in Exercise Physiology, Exercise Science, Kinesiology or related field.
● Clinical Exercise Physiologist (CEP) certification by the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) within six (6) months from date of hire or Registered Clinical Exercise Physiologist (RCEP) certification by the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)
● Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification within one (1) month from date of hire.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● One (1) year of experience working in a clinical exercise setting.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Chatham Hospital
Organization Unit: Cardiac Rehabilitation
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 0.80
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Siler City
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.