Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Job ID: 67947
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Faculty Physicians
Status: Full Time
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
* This position qualifies for a $5,000 commitment incentive which will be paid over a three (3) year work commitment. Equal installments will be paid after each six (6) months of work completed. Learn more about the incentive program here:
Performs all facets of cardiac ultrasound testing for noninvasive pediatric cardiology services.
1. Echocardiograms- Performs pediatric echocardiograms of consistent diagnostic quality. Generates ultrasound images of the pediatric heart and related structures using digital echo capture and color Doppler equipment for all of the following: transthoracic, transesophageal, and dobutamine stress contrast echocardiograms.
2. Patient Care- Demonstrates competence in delivering pre-procedure and post-procedure patient care including, but not limited to: patient assessment; pre- and post-procedure care; and, emergency cardiac care (CPR is required). Additionally, assistance with post-procedure transport may be required.
3. Consultation- Provides consultation with health care providers regarding the pediatric echocardiograms.
4. Patient Documentation- Monitors and records patient information and maintains report storage and data systems. Compiles and enters data necessary for charge entry and prepares reports for video archiving using the digital storage system. Also responsible for retrieval of stored information and reports from the automated storage system.
● Associate’s degree in Sonography, Radiology or related field and / or ARDMS or CCI registered/registry eligible in Pediatric Echocardiography, proficient in all modalities of Pediatric Echocardiography including 2-D, M-Mode, CW/PW Doppler, tissue Doppler and have a working knowledge of pediatric heart disease and surgical repair. .
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● No prior experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Faculty Physicians
Organization Unit: NC Children's Heart Center
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
Salary Range: $34.65 - $43.31 per hour (minimum to midpoint)
Pay offers are determined by experience and internal equity.
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.