Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Job ID: 79961
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities are as follows. Other duties may be assigned. Catering coordinator will be responsible for all catering functions in the hospital. This position will be responsible for booking events, meeting perspective clients, organizing staff and developing menus. This candidate would use culinary training and experience in the planning, preparation and presentation of all food items and leads scheduling, training, and evaluation efforts for the catering team.
1. Meets with potential clients to customize catered events. Develops menus with assistance from executive chef
2. Prepare food and beverage items as need to help supplement the staff. Catering coordinator will ensure that menu items are prepared per department policy and will that deliveries are made in a timely fashion.
3. Makes rounds on all events to ensure department standards are upheld. This include menu compliance, signage, correct amount of food and beverage
4. Follows up with event liaison after the event to obtain feed back and thank them for their business. Initiate corrective action plan for any deficiencies
5. Enters all catering sales on to catering sales spreadsheet. Accurately bills for all food, labor and supplies. Utilizes catering menu for correct pricing and works with Executive chef for all customized pricing.
6. Provides monthly total sales figure for Business operation manager in a timely manner. Provide invoice to all clients monthly with itemized reports.
7. Develop contact list for new potential clients. Work with Event Coordinator to pursue clients that have booked rooms for possible catering service. Work diligently with key hospital personnel to ensure that catering for rex coworkers is handled internally as much as possible.
8. Work with doctors and managers to capture external catered events being purchased by outside groups (Pharmaceutical companies etc.) Act a s liaison between these groups to ensure that Rex catering services is utilized to its full potential
9. Uses culinary training and experience in the planning, preparation and presentation of all food items.
10. Acts as a liaison between team members, management, and other teams.
11. Participates in the execution of workplan(s) for assigned area. Assists Retail Operation on an as needed basis.
12. Oversees all meetings and catering functions. Notifies departments involved in each meeting/event of requirements and inspects set-ups before meetings/events that the proper room, catering, audio-visual, and other set-up needs are met. Takes corrective action to rectify situations that are not acceptable.
● Associate degree (AA) or equivalent for two-year college or technical school; Bachelors degree in Hospitality or equivalent experience preferred.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read, to analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from a group of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, to collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex FNS Main
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.