Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Job ID: 84961
Location: Goldsboro, NC
Facility/Division: Wayne UNC Health Care
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Clinical Manager, in collaboration and under the direction of the Director plans, oversees and directs patient care for the unit/department assuring standards of quality, service and safety are met within the philosophy of UNC Health Wayne. The Clinical Manager is responsible for the day to day clinical functions in the unit/department and directly supervises the healthcare team to ensure safe and effective clinical operations and/or outcomes, is knowledgeable of hospital policies and procedures, regulatory requirements and patient care standards. Communicates clearly both verbally and written. In addition, the Clinical Manager aids the Director in human resource management, performance improvement, fiscal management, management of organizational and departmental change and goal setting.
1. Ensures departmental goals and priorities are being followed and maintained in alignment with the hospital’s strategic plan.
2. Oversees daily activities and operations to ensure efficient, coordinated, competent, compassionate and customer focused care is being delivered by the care team. Ensures assignments and resources are efficiently utilized and distributed
3. Handles patient complaints and resolves immediate problems and promotes continuity of patient care.
4. Ensures that performance improvement and quality programs established to improve outcomes within the department are monitored and followed. Examples: prevention of: falls, HAPIs, CLABSIs, and CAUTIs; handwashing, throughput, clinical documentation, teammate hourly rounding, bedside shift report.
5. Collaborates with providers, leaders and teammates hospital-wide to develop, implement and evaluate care processes and procedures pertinent to the patient populations served.
6. Participates in the development of departmental staffing to include review of staff hours worked vs. scheduled hours and determines appropriate disposition if variation exists.
7. Continuously monitors for compliance with all regulatory agencies and accrediting bodies.
8. Completes continuing education and in-service programs to meet regulatory and job requirements and monitors staff participation in same.
9. In partnership with unit/department Director makes decisions on teammate hires, corrective actions, terminations, promotions and similar actions. Completes performance appraisals for the unit, completes teammate incident reports, and ensures correction of deficiencies.
10. Promotes a safe, clean environment.
11. Actively leads or participates in staff meetings and on committees.
12. Leads and/or participates in performance improvement activities.
13. Remains calm and works effectively in stressful situations, such as death and dying, census fluctuations, adverse weather, etc. Responds appropriately in emergency situations.
14. Presents and promotes a professional demeanor at all times, establishes high standards of customer service, supports responsibility, pride, and teamwork, and offers reasonable solutions for problems.
15. Demonstrates appropriate interaction with, and provides recommended care and services to all patients.
16. Ensures the delivery of age appropriate, culturally sensitive, and ethical care for patients.
17. Applies knowledge of principles of standard precautions. Routinely uses PPE to avoid risk of exposure to self and others.
18. Shares in 24-hour responsibility for the unit.
• BSN from accredited School of Nursing
• Current Registered Nurse, licensed to practice in NC
• Basic Life Support (BLS)
• Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
• Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
• Minimum 5 years of experienced working in an inpatient setting
• Previous supervisory experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of professional nursing theory, practice and procedures.
• Ability to perform independently within scope of practice.
• Ability to demonstrate leadership qualities, e.g., maturity, job knowledge, professionalism, communication skills, etc. to lead, guide and motivate others.
• Good interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Excellent organizational, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills.
• Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English.
• Proficient with MS Office and EPIC, and able to learn new software rapidly.
• Ability to stand and walk for duration of shift.
Valid NC Driver’s License: No
If driving a Wayne UNC Vehicle, must be 21 years old and MVR must be approved by
Legal Employer: Wayne Health
Entity: Wayne UNC Health Care
Organization Unit: 4th Floor
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: WAYNE MED
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.