Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Job ID: 85363
Location: Rocky Mount, NC
Facility/Division: Nash UNC Health Care
Status: Part Time
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Imaging Tech Assistant provides patient care under the supervision of a registered radiologic technologist. Assists staff to ensure optimal patient care.
1. Provides and maintains a clean, safe and attractive environment for patients.
2. Greets and escorts patients to dressing rooms and briefly explains the procedure.
3. Prepares room set up between patients: proper coil (if applicable), placing coils away, changing the sheet and disinfecting the table and equipment.
4. Call next day patients giving basic directions for prep, arrival, etc.
5. Have the next patient ready for the exam.
6. Stock linen and empties laundry.
7. Transports patients via wheelchair, bed or stretcher to and from the department, and performs a variety of non-professional and non technical support functions for the department.
8. Collaborates with Care Team partners to assure optimal patient care.
9. Maintains own clinical and mandatory education requirements.
1. High school graduate or equivalent.
2. Current registry listing to practice as a Nursing Assistant I or enrollment in a radiology technology program, ultrasound program, nuclear medicine program, CT program or MRI program is preferred.
3. Current BCLS certification.
Legal Employer: Nash Hospitals
Entity: Nash UNC Health Care
Organization Unit: NDH Mri
Work Type: Part Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 20.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: NASH HC
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.