Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Job ID: 85734
Location: Goldsboro, NC
Facility/Division: Wayne UNC Health Care
Status: Temporary Traveler w/Benefits
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
A Wayneforce Registered Nurse at Wayne UNC Health Care is a member of the patient care team who, with knowledge of the nursing process, provides leadership in applying scientific principles and professional skills aimed at caring for the ill, preventing disease and maintaining optimum health. The RN assists the provider in carrying out a therapeutic regimen for each patient and directs other licensed and non-licensed nursing teammates in providing nursing care to meet the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of individual patients. The RN implements the nursing process in order to provide professional holistic patient care. Provides all nursing services to patients and families in accordance with the scope of the RN as defined by the North Carolina Board of Nursing.
1. Uses the nursing process to plan, provide, supervise and document professional nursing care delivered to patients in accordance with provider orders, hospital and nursing standards, established policies and procedures, and regulations.
2. Individualizes the plan of care using professional nursing judgment based on the patient's baseline needs and response to care. Evaluates patient progress and updates care plan accordingly. Maintains accountability for carrying out components of the plan of care.
3. Demonstrates competence in care of patients with complex problems, including population-appropriate physical, psychosocial, educational and safety aspects of care. Performs bedside point of care testing as required for patient care plan. Organizes and prioritizes care according to patient/family needs. Consults with appropriate resources in a timely fashion regarding patients with complex care issues, unusual teaching needs and/or those at high risk for discharge planning.
4. Collaborates and communicates effectively with providers, interdisciplinary teammates, patients and their families.
5. Follows the systems that support the nursing process and delivers safe and effective patient care.
6. Understands and complies with regulatory guidelines.
7. Monitors the activities of other licensed or unlicensed teammates and delegates appropriately. Provides direction, training and guidance in the proper use, care and control of material resources.
8. Assists teammates in the delivery of nursing care and provides direct patient care as indicated.
9. May act as team leader or charge nurse as assigned.
10. Completes continuing education, professional development and in-service programs to meet regulatory and job requirements. Keeps current on trends and developments in area of practice.
11. Guides the professional growth of others within the department through precepting, role modeling, coaching and/or mentoring.
12. Responds appropriately in emergency situations.
13. Keeps leadership informed of any problems or concerns.
14. Participates in performance improvement activities, departmental committees and other operational projects as assigned.
15. Promotes a safe, clean environment.
16. Presents and promotes a professional demeanor at all times, establishes high standards of customer service, supports responsibility, pride, and teamwork, remains calm under pressure, and offers reasonable solutions for problems.
17. Demonstrates appropriate interaction with and provides recommended care and services to all patients.
18. Ensures the delivery of age appropriate, culturally sensitive, and ethical care for patients.
19. Applies knowledge of principles of standard precautions. Routinely uses PPE to avoid risk of exposure to self and others.
20. Takes appropriate care of material resources and equipment.
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
• Current Registered Nurse Licensure in North Carolina required.
• Competent in BLS and/or other specialized life support certifications as required by department.
• Additional certifications may be required by assigned department.
At least one year of experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of professional nursing theory, practice and procedures.
• Ability to apply the nursing process appropriately.
• Ability to assess the nursing needs of acute and chronically ill patients.
• Ability to perform independently within scope of practice, and to work collaboratively.
• Good interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Good organizational, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills.
• Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English.
• Proficient with EMR/ Epic, and able to learn new software rapidly.
• Ability to stand, walk and meet the physical requirements of the job. for duration of shift.
Valid NC Driver’s License: No
If driving a Wayne UNC Vehicle, must be 21 years old and MVR must be approved by Risk Management.
Legal Employer: Wayne Health
Entity: Wayne UNC Health Care
Organization Unit: Staffing Pool
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 36.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: WAYNE MED
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.