Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Job ID: 83801
Location: Hendersonville, NC
Facility/Division: Pardee UNC Health Care
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Unit Clerk is a primary customer service role for an acute care unit in a hospital setting. This role organizes and facilitates common administrative and logistic tasks arising from the regular clinical operations of the unit.
• Coordinates patient movement to and from the unit, whether within the hospital, to other institutions or as part of the discharge process.
• Answers patient and family queries by phone or other mediums and escalates to appropriate staff as needed.
• Schedules patient discharge and post-discharge consultations.
• Acts as primary service representative for unit to staff and visitors. Maintains simple accountability systems for the unit, such as physical environment checklists.
• Maintains supply levels for common consumable inventory items. Orders additional supplies as identified or directed.
• Monitors patients as warranted and escalates to clinical staff when appropriate.
• Organize patient packets from an electronic medical recordkeeping (EMR) system as needed for discharge or transfer.
• Associate’s Degree or an equivalent combination of experience and education
• Experience with common computer applications including Microsoft Office or similar. Experience using simple e-commerce or online ordering tools.
• Experience working with an electronic medical recordkeeping (EMR) system such as EPIC
• Experience working in a hospital setting.
Legal Employer: Pardee - HCHC
Entity: Pardee UNC Health Care
Organization Unit: Pain Clinic
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Hendersonville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.