Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Job ID: 86117
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Health Alliance
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Clinical Improvement Services and Support Coach is accountable and responsible for ensuring roll-out and update of a clinical measure-based programmatic suite of services to UNC HCS entities that are tied to UNC HCS initiatives governed by PPMC, QIOC, and Health Alliance. Responsibilities include accountability for creating correct Epic documentation for strategic initiatives, improving process efficiency and outcomes to support the ongoing transformation of clinical and operational processes to move towards value-based models of care and reimbursement and other duties/projects as needed to support the institution through the use of Epic. Clinical Implementation Service and Support Coaches are expected be the liaison between clinics they support, the Population Health Team, Epic@UNC training, strategic ePEC governance and Epic development, the PCMH@UNC ‘18 team, the PCIC Coaches and Executive Committees of UNC Health Care.
1. Epic Coordination- Uses Epic knowledge in the Ambulatory environment and ability to work with senior leadership, physicians, clinicians, operations, business office, front desk, back office, revenue cycle, including creating Smartphrases and SmartLists; building Templates for Providers for office visits; assisting Providers in Epic and their workflow to achieve best practices, building Preference Lists – including internal and external order knowledge. Knows the correct locations for documentation in Epic for Health Maintenance BPA’s, PQRS, Chronic Care Management, PCMH, CASi, and MIPS/MACRA. Work with the clinics to ensure documentation is being captured in the correct fields during their rooming process workflow.Assisting with Epic workflow assessments, issues, and resolutions for both provider and clinical staff.
2. QI Methodologies- Assist clinics on QI methodologies and work toward gap closure utilizing Epic;
3. Coaching Support- Providing at-the-elbow support to an assigned a group of clinic locations with approximately 80% effort in clinics across a territory in NC; Scheduling monthly visits with engaged clinics, and meeting as needed with other clinic locations; Tracking issues internally to surveil trends, issues, or successes; Effectively follows up and closes all issues assigned or identifies issues to management with recommendations on how to proceed; Problem solving using familiar resources such as playground, USPSTF website, training library, and heat system; Keeping the clinics updated on new EPIC tools from the PQI Population Health Team build and changes to Epic workflows; Help clinics understand and utilize Pop Health tools, Patient Panel and Healthy Planet reports;
● Appropriate education tied to licensure is required (For ex: Bachelors of Nursing for RN, Masters in Nurse Practitioner for NP).
● Clinical Licensure (RN, LPN, NP or PA) is required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Three (3) years of clinical experience in a healthcare setting required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Understands Health Maintenance logic, build, and modifiers; Comfortable working with BPA’s including the logic, build, and workflows; General clinical workflow knowledge to assist in day to day Epic documentation for initiatives and tasks
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Health Alliance
Organization Unit: Change Management and Admin
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.