Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Job ID: 84434
Location: Goldsboro, NC
Facility/Division: Wayne UNC Health Care
Status: Full Time
Shift: Night Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Supervisor, Clinical Operations-Nursing oversees the performance, daily operations, programs, and activities of assigned teammates under the direction of nursing leadership. Ensures nursing protocols are followed and that team members deliver quality care to patients and their caregivers. The Supervisor functions as a resource to the department and uses the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of patients to provide, delegate, supervise and document the care and teaching of patients and family members.
1. Supervises, plans, schedules and organizes work to ensure appropriate distribution of assignments and efficient utilization of teammates, equipment and facilities during assigned shifts.
2. Collaborates with providers, charge nurses and teammates regarding managing, planning, organizing and facilitating the daily activities related to patient flow through the unit and throughout the continuum of care. Works as a liaison between teammates and the providers.
3. Serves as a preceptor, clinical resource and role model to teammates in the performance of assigned activities.
4. Monitors teammate performance to determine the need for additional education/training, and coordinates appropriate teammate development activities.
5. Provides direct patient care as needed.
6. Is timely in completing activities such as chart review, scheduling and follow up on diagnostic testing and labs.
7. Remains knowledgeable of all patients in the unit. Evaluates the quality and completeness of clinical care delivered by teammates.
8. Understands, communicates and complies with rules, regulations and accreditation standards impacting nursing practice in North Carolina.
9. Recommends, develops and/or revises written policies, procedures and standards of care governing comprehensive patient care.
10. Plays an active role in the department’s achievement of standards and metrics. Maintains required records, reports and statistics. Analyzes and manages data as needed.
11. Keeps current in trends and developments in clinical specialty. Seeks opportunities to enhance and promote professional growth and development in self and others.
12. Completes continuing education and in-service programs to meet regulatory and job requirements.
13. Is available and flexible to work varied schedules and assignments as needed to ensure coverage for the area.
14. Keeps appropriate leaders updated regarding any issues, concerns or problems.
15. Promotes a safe, clean environment.
16. Actively leads or participates in staff meetings and on committees as requested.
17. Leads and/or participates in performance improvement activities.
18. Remains calm and works effectively in stressful situations, such as death and dying, census fluctuations, adverse weather, etc. Responds appropriately in emergency situations.
19. Presents and promotes a professional demeanor at all times, establishes high standards of customer service, supports responsibility, pride, and teamwork, and offers reasonable solutions for problems.
20. Demonstrates appropriate interaction with, and provides recommended care and services to all patients.
21. Ensures the delivery of age appropriate, culturally sensitive, and ethical care for patients.
22. Applies knowledge of principles of standard precautions. Routinely uses PPE to avoid risk of exposure to self and others.
Bachelor’s degree from a recognized college or university preferred.
Graduate of an accredited program of professional nursing required.
Current Registered Nurse licensure in North Carolina.
BLS certification required.
Additional certifications as required or typical for specific area of practice.
At least 3 years of clinical nursing experience in an acute care hospital setting required.
Prior supervisory or management experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of rules, regulations and accreditation standards impacting nursing practice in North Carolina.
• Demonstrated leadership qualities, e.g., maturity, job knowledge, professionalism, communication skills, etc. to lead, guide and motivate others.
• Strong clinical reasoning, critical thinking, time management, and organizational skills.
• Ability to collaborate with providers and health care teammates.
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and spoken, in English.
• Proficient with EMR, with the ability to learn new software rapidly.
• Ability to stand, walk and meet the physical requirements of the role for the duration of shift.
Valid NC Driver’s License: No
If driving a Wayne UNC Vehicle, must be 21 years old and MVR must be approved by Risk Management.
Legal Employer: Wayne Health
Entity: Wayne UNC Health Care
Organization Unit: 7th Floor
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Night Job
Location of Job: WAYNE MED
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.