Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Job ID: 83936
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The HCS Compensation Consultant is responsible for accurate and timely administration of system-wide compensation plans and structures, classification of jobs, audits, and salary surveys. While adhering to UNC Health’s compensation philosophy and pay practices, this role plans, develops and presents creative compensation alternatives. Serving as the subject matter expert to HR partners and leaders, the Compensation Consultant advises and provides educational services to HR, management and staff throughout the organization. The compensation consultant assists in the implementation of system-wide compensation initiatives.
1. Compensation Administration: Provides day-to-day compensation analysis for the health system. Participates in the planning and develoment of new compensation programs that align with UNC Health Care’s strategic goals and objectives. Consults with HR colleagues and management on issues and questions relating to compensation, ensuring that all compensation programs and initiatives are cost effective and within budget constraints. Advises management on compensation polices and best practices. Provides market analysis, maintains salary structures, and provides job evaluation for all jobs.
2. Job Analysis: Evaluates jobs through competitive market analysis and job evaluation programs. Analyzes market data utilizing third party surveys and internal comparative data to determine appropriate classifications for jobs. Responsible for job description maintenance, FLSA determination, market pricing and all compensation related questions. Ensures compensation programs are consistently applied and jobs remain aligned with current market standards. Participates in ongoing third party surveys in a timely fashion and reviews survey results to identify the organizations competitive standing.
3. Consulting and Collaboration: Works with HR Executives, HR Business Partners, and leadership to deliver compensation solutions. Collaborates with Recruiting to review promotions and employment offers and formulates salary recommendations as needed. Consults with leaders on compensation concerns and provides equitable, consistent, cost effective, and creative guidance and recommendations. Collaborates with colleagues to provide support and recommendations, ensuring that all compensation matters are handled consistently across the System.
4. Compensation Programs: Participates in the implementation of system-wide compensation programs including but not limited to benchmarking, annual pay increase,s and incentive programs. Researches pay concerns and independently develops strategic recommendations for pay adjustments or other compensation-realted solutions. Identifies potential internal or organizational equity issues. Composes proposals, survey result summaries and supporting data in an accurate, neat, comprehensive format for review by HR leaders and entity managers. Develops timeline and guideline criteria necessary for the timely planning and implementation of compensation programs and projects as assigned.
5. Project Management: Responsible for ad-hoc program and project assignments, working independently or collaboratively as appropriate to accomplish the assigned compensation analysis. Identify compensation-related issues and assist in developing strategies to address them proactively.
6. Data Analysis: Utilizes Microsoft Excel and other tools to provide reports and presentations for HR and System leaders. Analyzes data to better understand compensation concerns and uses this data to provide options and recommendations to leaders.
● Bachelor's degree in a related field.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Requires four (4) years of related experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Strong analytical, problem-solving and critical thinking skills. Intermediate knowledge and use of Excel. Ability to build relationships and gain credibility with leadership and staff. Ability to work effectively, independently and within teams across the organization. Strong customer service focus. Provides open positive, mission-focused communication, direction and assistance to all employees regarding policies and practices. Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to organize and prioritize work, follow-up and meet deadlines.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: HR Compensation
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.