Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Job ID: 83868
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Performs skilled work in the general and specific operation, installation, repair and maintenance of hospital electrical systems, equipment and devices installed throughout hospital buildings, facilities.
1. Expand the existing electrical system as necessary to serve additional electrical equipment or devices and install devices such as circuits, protective devises, wire and cable, and transformers and switches, in accordance with and to meet the state and National Electrical Code, especially NFPA 99, 101 and 110.
2. Install and maintain the electrical systems, equipment, devices, and standby generation installed in or provided for all UNC Hospitals buildings and facilities on site to comply with hospital maintenance policies and for the safety and comfort of patients, staff and visitors
3. May provide lead worker duties and technical leadership for Preventative Maintenance Employees designated in the Electrical Shop. Establishes work schedules and plans and evaluates performance for assigned employees. Ensures that each employee assigned is fully competent in necessary work skills. Conducts training on safety and electrical work habits for all employees
4. May update electrical system drawings, documents monthly PMs, maintains electrical department documentation and records in compliance with hospital policies, JCAHO and state requirements. Maintains detailed electrical maintenance records to document compliance with regulations. Inspects completed work for accuracy and compliance with all regulations corrects or reports deficiencies to departmental management.
5. Perform periodic tests of all electrical circuitry, isolated power systems, surgical suite lighting systems, standby generators, transformers, equipment and switches (including automatic transfer switches) to determine and maintain the operating integrity of these devices and provide a safe environment for all hospital buildings.
6. Performs moderate job assignments in electrical maintenance, the installation of electrical conductors and associated equipment, and the repair of electrical circuits and equipment. Performs maintenance and operations work in all areas of electrical maintenance, trouble shooting of system or equipment problems, equipment selection and equipment or device replacement, maintenance of surgical lighting systems and maintenance of isolated power supply systems.
7. Repair or replace defective, damaged or obsolete electrical equipment, conductors and circuits as needed to restore service and continue to provide reliable electric service throughout all hospital buildings.
● High School diploma or GED
● If a Driver: Valid NC Driver's license.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Four (4) years of progressive experience in the maintenance and installation of electrical systems, equipment, and devices in institutional buildings and facilities as a journeyman electrician.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NC Health
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: UNCMC Facilities
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Health Care System, in a department that provides shared services to operations across UNC Health Care; except that, if you are currently a UNCHCS State employee already working in a designated shared services department, you may remain a UNCHCS State employee if selected for this job.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.