Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Job ID: 81873
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Plans, develops, and coordinates the preparation of system operating/cash flow targets, financial statements, business/capital planning, cost reviews and other ad-hoc financial analyses. Performs lead role in coordinating complex corporate financial projects and specialized assignments in area of expertise.
1. Assists in the development, implementation and management of system-level financial planning and long-range operating target forecasts, including the financial modeling of large-scale capital and business projects. Designs and implements business plan templates for local entity finance which combines hospital and physician financials.
2. Contributes to cash-flow/debt modeling and forecasts for the system and assists in developing materials for UNC Health board and bond agency report-outs. Works with operations/finance stakeholders across the system to integrate entity-level forecasts/headwinds into integrated financial model.
3. Develops supporting financial analysis for senior management and external agencies (example: a comprehensive evaluation of existing service line performance with recommendations of investment vs. divestment strategies).
4. Provide technical support to assigned entity regarding business and capital planning. Monitors financial and budgetary trends across entities within the UNC Healthcare System.
5. Develops system-wide resources/dashboards for benchmarking against UNC entity and national benchmarks (ex: inpatient LOS comparisons by DRG, cost/margin comparisons among key surgical cases/procedures across varying sites of care, etc…).
6. Utilizes various computer financial information systems in the preparation of analysis, evaluation and reports relating to assigned entities. Recommends operational procedures and ways to improve efficiency and/or effectiveness.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Financial Planning
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Health Care System, in a department that provides shared services to operations across UNC Health Care; except that, if you are currently a UNCHCS State employee already working in a designated shared services department, you may remain a UNCHCS State employee if selected for this job.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.