Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Job ID: 80640
Location: Butner, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
We are pleased to announce the opening of our new UNC Hospitals Youth Behavioral Health (YBH) located in Butner, North Carolina
UNC Hospitals Youth Behavioral Health is a 54 bed inpatient psychiatric facility located in Butner, NC. The hospital is composed of 4 units designed to care for child and adolescent patients with a variety of common mental health diagnoses, including those with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities and with Autism Spectrum Disorder. In a milieu-based, trauma-informed, therapeutic setting, patients are treated by a multidisciplinary team of healthcare professionals, including Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Therapy Services, Social Workers, Nursing Services, Pharmacy, Pastoral Care and Nutrition Services. Safety is the key component of the care provided as well as introduction of positive coping skills, healthy living and positive leisure activities.
Seeking House Supervisor for the new team at Butner, North Carolina!
Full time position; 36 hours per week 12-hour rotating night shift and weekend days.
Summary:The House Supervisor provides operational and administrative oversight to all clinical departments during an assigned shift. The House Supervisor is responsible for patient care oversight, emergency direction, and handling of clinical complaints as appropriate. They function as the administrative resource and provide expert clinical support to the nursing team. In addition, the House Supervisor is able to problem solve and evaluate nursing care provided in the clinical setting and assign personnel accordingly based on patient and unit need. The House Supervisor understands the needs of the organization and supports the mission, values, and management of patient care.
1. Patient Care- Ensures that appropriate care and services are available to the organization, patients, families, and staff.Participates in the delivery of Carolina Care for all patients, families, and staff through rounding on all inpatient units and procedural areas. Provides service recovery to resolve situations and reinforces/educates Carolina Care concepts to staff.
2. Collaboration- Functions as a point of contact, resource and liaison for essential information for managers, directors, the Director on Call and other senior leaders.Serves as a clinical resource to staff on hospital policies and procedures
3. Patient Concerns- Takes action to identify and follow up on safety concerns of patients, families and staff members.
4. Occupational Health- Responsible for fit for duty and needlestick protocol on evening, nights & weekends
5. House Supervision- Assist staffing office to ensure adequate clinical staffing on each shift. Takes actions to assist with identification and resolution of operational and supply chain concerns. Provides supervision and support of nursing staff in the off hours. Responds to all emergency response calls. Activates the emergency operations plan and acts as the incident commander when situation warrants. Assists in bed placement decisions when unusual circumstances warrant.
● Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN) from a state-accredited school of professional nursing.
● Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of North Carolina.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Two (2) years of professional nursing experience in a tertiary care setting, and one (1) year of experience in the area assigned.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: UNCH YBH Administration
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 36.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: Butner:NC:27509
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.