Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 87187
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Faculty Physicians
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Care Access Specialist team serves as the information center and first point of contact for the patient community, staff, and physicians. This role assists in the patient registration process by scheduling outpatient appointments, entering patient information, and transferring calls to appropriate personnel and coordinating communication between business units.
1. Ensures excellent customer service by consistently demonstrating a caring, positive, professional, and helpful disposition with all customer relations. Meets call quality standards
2. Ensures and verifies key patient information (insurance verification, patient and guarantor demographics, etc.) is current and accurate to ensure patient safety, charging, coding, insurance processing, and billing accuracy.
3. Schedules all new and follow-up patient appointments as required. Attempt to reschedule cancellations whenever possible. Communicates cancellations to provider as necessary.
4. Manages incoming and outgoing referrals for multiple clinics. Follows referral management policies and procedures.
5. Answers telephones, directs calls, takes and delivers messages in Epic.
6. Enhances co-worker satisfaction by being self-motivated, a positive communicator, team player, and a willing and approachable resource to other co-workers. Demonstrates willingness to change to ensure continuous improvement.
7. Actively participates in departmental QA by utilizing system work queues, making a personal effort to reduce individual errors, and making corrections. Utilizes system work queues as a daily part of the registration process to minimize errors.
8. Effectively precepts new co-workers as assigned.
9. Message and respond to patient messages in the Well platform
10. Answers clinic and provider in-basket messages
11. Work clinic cancellation, no show, recall worklists
12. Other admin work as needed
● High School Diploma or GED
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Three (3) years of customer service and/or clerical experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: FP PAC operations pay
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.