Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 88353
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Health Alliance
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This is a full-time position with the UNC Health Care Population Health Services department. Applicants will be expected to complete tasks assigned by the Population Health Manager and the Population Health Team Leads. Tasks include, but are not limited to, Patient Centered Medical Home pre-visit planning and abstraction; patient registration activities for EHR go live preparation, quality metric reviews, and preventative gap closure. Applicants are not required to be clinical; however preference will be given to clinical applicants. Clinical applicants may also be asked to cover practice based needs when short term staffing needs arise. Team members will be trained on Epic, UNC's Electronic Medical Record, and will learn the basics of PCMH, Population Health Management, and Health Maintenance compliance.
1. Maintains an environment of safety for patients, self and others. Maintains compliance with UNCPN policies and procedures, and safety and regulatory guidelines.
2. Demonstrates ability to work in multiple databases, navigate within electronic medical records, and assess compliance with quality metrics.
3. Provides administrative, clerical and IT support to UNC HCS and UNCPN leadership and physician practices to achieve quality metrics and patient outcomes.
4. Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication skills with team members, patients, and caregivers.
5. Works collaboratively with other quality improvement and administrative staff in UNCPN and across the UNC HCS.
● High school diploma or GED required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Applicants must have experience in the medical office setting or related training and education, such as health care management or patient registration and billing. Preference will be given to candidates who are a Certified Medical Assistant, Licensed Practical Nurse, Registered Nurse, Licensed Clinical Social Worker or Certified Professional Coder.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Epic Experience Preferred
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Health Alliance
Organization Unit: Pop Health Supp Admin
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.