Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Job ID: 87826
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The lead business person working within the operations of a specific service line. This person oversees, plans and directs service line financials and business operations. This position will work with physician and hospital areas/leaders across the Triangle East (Rex and Johnston Health) region. Work involves a high level of independent judgment, decision-making, accuracy, creativity and initiative.
1. Manages service line analytics and presents financial analysis. A service line includes both hosptial and physician areas of focus.
2. Oversees development of budgets within service line. Investigates and reports variances and make recommendations for operational improvements. Ensures all financial standards are achieved and meets established productivity and expense targets.
3. Assists with the development of financial and operational metrics and monitor performance. Partners with manager and providers to create action plan and communicates practice performance with staff & providers on a monthly basis.
4. Develops business and financial models to support the development of new or expanded service lines & clinics/business units. Works closely with department leaders and physicians.
5. Tracks and manages Service Line performance. Collaborates with market leaders to identify areas of opportunity for improvement.
6. Reviews organization’s financial reports, identifying trends and opportunities for performance improvement. Compares key financial indicators to those of competitors.
7. Works closely with service line operational leadership, physician leadership across the Triangle East Region
● Master's degree (M.A.) or equivalent is preferred; MBA, MHA, or MPH with experience in healthcare planning or financial analysis is preferred.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● With a Master's Degree, four (4) years of related experience and/or training required.
● With a Bachelor's Degree, eight (8) years of related experience and/or training required
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex Finance
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.