Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Job ID: 87551
Location: Hendersonville, NC
Facility/Division: Pardee UNC Health Care
Status: Part Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Using ultrasound / sonography equipment and standards, the Ultrasound Imaging Technologist prepares and performs procedures and tests used to acquire and analyze patient diagnostic data. By interviewing and preparing patients with in-depth understanding of the equipment and procedures, this role ensures effective, safe use of this equipment and drives optimal care outcomes. As an experienced imaging technologist, this team member will work under minimal supervision and exercise independent judgment in the performance of their role.
• Conducts sonography / ultrasound screening, ensuring both the safe function of equipment and pursuing the best quality imaging from the procedure.
• Reads and comprehends imaging order, engaging with radiologist when order is unclear, complex or warrants deeper review.
• Interviews patients to understand risk factors and prior medical history components that may warrant a more in-depth examination for safety.
• Selects appropriate scanning protocols and imaging parameters using extensive knowledge of human anatomy, pathology and the capabilities / limitations of both hardware and specific imaging sequences.
• Guides patients, some distressed, through their examination, applying subject matter expertise and cultural competency to explain the exam. Sets expectations and calms patient for effective imaging.
• Precepts entry-level staff and orients new colleagues as assigned. Collaborates to plan the workday and patient flow with colleagues.
• Associate’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Five (5) years of experience working in a clinical imaging role, three (3) years of which must be specifically in ultrasound / sonography
• Registration as an Ultrasound / Sonography technologist as administered by the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS)
• Good understanding of human anatomy - can be established through education or experience
• Experience reading and interpreting complex radiology orders
• Experience working with a Picture Archiving and Communication System (PACS)
• Additional continuing education registration in sonography specializations such as a vascular technologist (RVT) as administered by the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS)
Legal Employer: Pardee - HCHC
Entity: Pardee UNC Health Care
Organization Unit: Ob Gyn Associates
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: PARDEEHOSP
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.