Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Job ID: 89030
Location: Hendersonville, NC
Facility/Division: Pardee UNC Health Care
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
As a member of the marketing team, the Internal Communications Strategist is responsible for providing communication planning and implementation to deliver key messages to staff, volunteers, and key stakeholders. This role serves as champion for effective employee communication by developing and implementing effective communication strategies and coordinates UNC Corporate Communications to disseminate messaging to identified key stakeholders. This position is also a key member of the crisis communication team.
• Develops overall communication strategy and guidelines for internal and corporate communications to create a positive, consistent image and presence for the organization. Implements the internal communications strategy to provide effective communication of relevant information to staff, volunteers and stakeholders. Evaluates requests and consults with department team members on the best communication methods and measured effectiveness. Works cooperatively with marketing and communications staff to identify branding elements to be incorporated into communication deliverables.
• Develops and implements internal communication plans for specified communications objectives. Helps to build a culture where two-way communication is seen as fundamental to the success of Pardee and its staff, and where communication is seen as the business of every staff member.
• Generates, writes and edits copy for various publications and materials (both print and online) including, but not limited to, publications, annual reports, staff e-newsletters, community e-newsletters and others as needed. Drafts scripts for employees as needed. Develops, posts, and updates content for Intranet home page and other determined marketing communication oversight pages.
• Coordinates and disseminates UNC corporate communications in accordance to mutually-agreed upon processes and identified audiences. Prepares and submits award entries for excellence in the industry as assigned. Supports communications efforts for approved team member celebrations and recognitions with HR department. Develops and maintains archive of hospital milestones and awards.
• Establishes and maintains editorial calendar for employee communications for company Intranet, team member screensavers, in-house digital signage, on-hold messaging and/or any additional internal communication medium. Establishes and maintains weekly report for Administration regarding communication initiatives, community happenings, media work, etc. Coordinates additional services such as photography, videography and outsourcing as identified as necessary.
• Bachelor’s Degree required in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or related field
• Five (5) years of progressive experience in communications, marketing or related field.
• Excellent verbal and written communication.
• Experience working with standard desktop productivity suites such as Microsoft Office.
• Experience performing or leading project-based work statements of considerable complexity.
• Experience working with SharePoint or other content management platforms.
• Experience in healthcare and/or emergency response communications.
Legal Employer: Pardee - HCHC
Entity: Pardee UNC Health Care
Organization Unit: Marketing And Communications
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: PARDEEHOSP
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.