Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Job ID: 88247
Location: Hendersonville, NC
Facility/Division: Pardee UNC Health Care
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This position is responsible for providing leadership to ensure validity of measurement, accuracy of data, patient safety and regulatory compliance with quality improvement, reporting and regulatory initiatives. The position requires a knowledge base of clinical, regulatory and quality initiatives, with the goal to improve clinical care documentation and reporting, regulatory compliance, medical decision-making practices and workflow procedures.
• Performs medical record abstraction for the purpose of quality improvement or reporting. Review and analyze healthcare data and records, validating accuracy and quality documentation to ensure compliance with program requirements. Assist with the analysis and interpretation of reasons for variance.
• Presents results from data analysis to healthcare providers, committees, quality initiative teams and others as requested and appropriate. Coordinate and ensure accurate and timely collection of data and submission to various organizations
• Promotes the improvement of patient care and clinical excellence in clinical information systems via effective collaboration with all healthcare providers, leaders of clinical areas/programs and quality initiatives.
• Works with quality initiative teams to improve care delivery and documentation. Provides support to develop and utilize processes that improve clinical documentation to support patient care, efficient clinical processes, and analytics needs. Works collaboratively with individuals to develop appropriate corrective action plans including plans to monitor outcomes and measure successes.
• Must be licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of North Carolina or one of compact states.
• Previous experience working in hospital quality management, performance improvement and/or research methodology
and statistical analysis
Legal Employer: Pardee - HCHC
Entity: Pardee UNC Health Care
Organization Unit: Quality Services
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: PARDEEHOSP
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.