Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Job ID: 88434
Location: Hendersonville, NC
Facility/Division: Pardee UNC Health Care
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Clinical Nurse is responsible for coordinating and delivering patient care utilizing the nursing process in an outpatient / physician practice setting.
Provides competent clinical nursing care consistent with professional standards. Reporting and accountable to the Nurse Manager/Director, the Clinical Nurse is responsible for coordinating and delivering patient care utilizing the nursing process in a hospital setting.
• Administers patient care under the direction of a physician. Identifies and pursues expected patient outcomes in collaboration with the interdisciplinary care team.
• Provides competent clinical nursing care consistent with healthcare organization and nursing standards, policies and procedures.
• Organizes and prioritizes care according to patient/family needs. Consults with appropriate resources in a timely fashion regarding patients with complex care issues or unusual teaching needs.
• Collaborates with peers in a clinical operations environment, including fostering intra/interdepartmental communication.
• Synthesizes data from complex situations to determine priorities for care, including appropriate physical, psychosocial, education and safety needs.
• Communicates with patient/family to prepare or update the plan of care using cultural competency and active listening. Develops relationships with patients and their families that promote their ability to advocate for patient and family needs.
• Develops clinical and operational excellence in self and in peers through education and training.
• Promotes a safe, clean and secure environment for all, including the application of standard precautions and principles of infection control.
• Must be licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of North Carolina or one of compact states by the day of clinical care.
• Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
Legal Employer: Pardee - HCHC
Entity: Pardee UNC Health Care
Organization Unit: Cardiology Hendersonville
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 1.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: PARDEEHOSP
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.