Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Job ID: 88226
Location: Hendersonville, NC
Facility/Division: Pardee UNC Health Care
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Care Coordinator position is responsible in assisting clinical staff in reviewing and planning care that assures optimal patient care within reimbursement and coverage guidelines. Triages clinical calls for referrals, physician orders, staffing and patient/caregiver concerns.
• Reviews all patient medications at all OASIS time points for Therapy Services.
• Reviews for accuracy and proper communication to physicians regarding potential or actual interactions that are found during review per CMS guidelines.
• Reviews therapist medication orders for accuracy and send to physician when appropriate.
• Assists with new employee orientation, competency and in-service education programs. Assesses the new employee’s needs to ensure competency at 90 days.
• Acts as a clinical resource to Home Health nursing field staff. Assists with technology, productivity, education and patient visits as needed. Coordinates with other member of the healthcare team to ensure that patients receive high quality of care.
• Answers Triage calls, enters orders, follow up on labs, notification with abnormal labs, confirming physician orders timely.
• Must be licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of North Carolina or one of compact states by the day of clinical care.
• Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
• One (1) year of experience working in Home Health
Legal Employer: Pardee - HCHC
Entity: Pardee UNC Health Care
Organization Unit: Home Care Support Service
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: PARDEEHOSP
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.