Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Job ID: 88084
Location: Hendersonville, NC
Facility/Division: Pardee UNC Health Care
Status: Per Diem
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Foodservice Assistant performs or assists with a range of tasks associated with the production and service of food to patients, team members and guests in a hospital-based foodservice department. This role performs under close supervision.
• Tidies and maintains a foodservice work environment for effective use and customer satisfaction
• Cleans and sanitizes kitchen equipment, surfaces, utensils, and work areas.
• Delivers food to service points, including cafeteria serving areas, prep or storage areas and patient rooms.
• Operates point of sale (POS) and cashiering equipment and software to ring up and sell goods.
• Assists with food preparation / production, dishwashing, and waste management.
• Maintains compliance with regulatory and training requirements.
• Promotes a safe, clean, and secure hospital environment for all, including the application of standard precautions and principles of infection control.
This position is open to entry-level talent.
• High school graduate or equivalent.
• Experience working in a foodservice or healthcare environment.
• Experience with as a cashier or with point of sale (POS) software.
Legal Employer: Pardee - HCHC
Entity: Pardee UNC Health Care
Organization Unit: Dietary Services
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 8.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: PARDEEHOSP
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.