Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 66643
Location: Goldsboro, NC
Facility/Division: Wayne UNC Health Care
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Processes and issues routine and specialized medical/surgical supplies and instruments used in the care and treatment of patients.
This position qualifies for a 5k Commitment Incentive
Schedule: 11A - 7:30P, MON-FRI. Requires call
1. Maintains current knowledge of all reprocessing operations to include cleaning, inspecting, preparation, packaging, sterilization, transport, and maintenance of surgical instrumentation and equipment.
2. Handles loaner instrumentation, new instrumentation, and disposable instrumentation.
3. Transport of contaminated items.
4. Demonstrates proficient cleaning and decontamination processes for instrumentation and flexible endoscopes.
5. Demonstrates packaging, preparation, and sterilization of instrumentation with great precision.
6. Demonstrates ability to operate the canister washer.
7. Documents Reprocessing and Sterilization processes.
8. Maintains Readiness of Emergency Code Carts.
9. Reviews Doctors Preference Cards daily to prioritize workflow and assure case needs will be met.
10. Promotes infection prevention.
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Sterile Processing Certification is required after one year of employment and maintained throughout employment.
• One of the following:
- One year of Sterile Processing Experience in a Hospital Setting
- Sterile Processing Certification (CBSPD or HSPA – formerly IAHCSMM)
- Successful completion of a Sterile Processing Course to include 120 hours of clinical experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to determine appropriate course of action in more complex situations.
• Ability to manage independently, be attentive to detail, and maintain a positive attitude.
• Ability to manage multiple and simultaneous responsibilities and to prioritize scheduling of work.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of all medical, financial and legal information.
• Ability to complete work assignments accurately and in a timely manner.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to handle difficult situations involving patients, physicians, and others in a professional manner.
• Ability to grasp and support new concepts and changes promptly.
Valid NC Driver’s License: No
If driving a Wayne UNC Vehicle, must be 21 years old and MVR must be approved by Risk Management.
Legal Employer: Wayne Health
Entity: Wayne UNC Health Care
Organization Unit: Central Sterile
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: WAYNE MED
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.