Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 89465
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Part Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Ensures all charges are complete for patients, assists with scheduling/billing, educating team members and researching charge "kick outs."
1. Ensures that Resource Map charges interface to STAR daily and keeps log of revenue.
2. Complete OR journal daily for all areas, making necessary changes as well as ensuring cancellation codes are posted as necessary so case will not be counted in statistics.
3. Daily review of all Surgical Services "charge interface" in comparison with schedule to ensure all patients are charged.
4. Daily charge audits; consist of reviewing detailed charges, looking for OR time, duplicates, missing charges as well as implant records. Have corrections adjusted in Horizon Surgical Manager.
5. Notification of Surgical Services managers of discrepancies in journal information versus patient billing, including implant record.
6. Facilitates billing of each Surgical Service patient's account within 72 hours of surgery.
7. Research charge "kick out" and assign/charge them to correct Star account for billing.
8. Educates Surgical Services team members of changes or improvement in billing process.
9. Assist with scheduling/billing of surgical patients as indicated.
10. Ensures that all charges are complete for Surgical Services patients including OR, Endoscopy, Pain Management, SS Procedures and Anesthesia.
11. Discharges Endoscopy nurse based procedure patients.
● Associate's Degree
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Three to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Computer data entry and typing required. Prior experience in customer service desired. Medical terminology required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents general business periodicals, professional journals and technical procedure. Ability to write reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers and present information while responding to questions. Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables where limited standardization exists.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex SS Business Services
Work Type: Part Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 20.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.